Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Can a raw diet completely cleanse years of cooked food toxin build-up or are fasts and other detox methods necessary?
Posted by: moxiegretl ()
Date: September 14, 2007 09:50PM

Newby here and I'm very anxious to rid my body of every piece of toxic crap that's been building up for the past 25 years. Now it seems that the raw food diet will help immensely, but there's a lot of info out there on fasts and colonics and supplements and such. Are those methods necessary to help rid your body of everything? I've heard it could take the rest of your life for your body to catch up on ridding itself of the crap? Is this so?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can a raw diet completely cleanse years of cooked food toxin build-up or are fasts and other detox methods necessary?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 14, 2007 10:41PM

It's the basic day-to-day diet thing....your PROCESS....your DIRECTION.....your INTENTION....your DREAMS.....that are going to make or break you. Not whether you have 1 colonic or two! LOL. Opinion: I think if you are engaged in a commitment of a lifetime of healthier living/eating.......then you'll be able to decide later on down the line if you need to employ additional methods or cleanses. I think the regular power of healthy eating will be sufficient for 99% of the people for 99% of their time. Especially in the early 6-12 months of transition. What do you think?

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Re: Can a raw diet completely cleanse years of cooked food toxin build-up or are fasts and other detox methods necessary?
Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: September 14, 2007 11:49PM

Hi Moxie, The raw-food lifestyle found me after a 21 day fast/cleanse this May. I never ate much fast/junk food, or so I thought, but I'm not sure I would have found raw foods an appealing option if I hadn't done a fast first. I'm sure it's a personal preference, but for me, the fast was like hitting the reset button on my diet. It allowed me a lot of introspection about my diet choices and I found that it was easy to really listen to my body after the fast. I had never intended before May to go raw, in fact just last year I had reacted to a raw fooder in the exact same uninformed way that people react to me now. Once the fast broke the patterns of my eating habits, it was easy to make better choices bout what I put in my body. Now, although i am almost all raw, I still consider myself in transition because I am learning more every day (thanks in large part to this community!) I personally don't know if i would have been able or willing to commit to raw without doing the fast first, but that's just my experience. Now that I am raw I will still do short fasts and would like to do a liver/gallbladder/parasite cleanse, because my life to this point was pretty toxic, but I will do those things when my body tells me to.

good luck, Greg

Posted by: venusian ()
Date: September 15, 2007 12:04AM

I would just start with the raw transition and listen to what your body is needing. Or at least, that's been my way of approaching the whole deal , This past spring and summer was spent transitioning to about %95 raw. I was happy there. Then about a month ago I switched to all blended raw and it was great....now as of last week I'm only juicing and loving it. Good Luck!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables