Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Started my raw and living foods diet last Saturday..
Posted by: Darren ()
Date: September 16, 2007 08:55AM

All week I only ate fresh fruits and veggies....and juices from those as well...

lots of water and raw almonds and raw spanish peanuts....

I took 12 weeks off for the summer and by the end of it I was at my heaviest weight of my life...201lbs..I am 5'9 with a semi athletic build...today, 1 week later....I am at 189lbs and I am not hungry, I have lots of energy and I feel really good about this...I never thought I could go with out cooked foods....

I am wondering if others have had a similar experience when starting this diet...12 lbs seems like quite a bit to lose in 1 week!

Thanks,
Darren

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Started my raw and living foods diet last Saturday..
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: September 16, 2007 05:02PM

Wow it sounds like you're doing great. Remember to eat according to your personal needs. Don't feel discouraged if you revert (temporarily) to some less-desirable foods, this can be part of transitioning.

All power to you, very inspiring post!

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: September 16, 2007 08:20PM

Its a new world eating raw foods. Congratulations on your new life. Its not to uncommon to lose 12 pounds in a week. Most of it is water weight. I have been raw for three months now. I have lost about 60 pounds and still losing. I have a lot to lose though. The best thing about eating raw is how I feel. I am more awake and alive.

Posted by: frumpy18 ()
Date: September 17, 2007 06:12PM

Hi All,
I'm new to this website and to the raw lifestyle. I started about 2 weeks ago and also experienced quick weight loss like Darren. I dropped about 7 pounds in the first 10 days. Yesterday went to a family party with lots of good italian food (homemade by grandma who is here from italy) and pastries - I ate a few servings of everything - couldn;'t stop myself. Today, the scale says I gained back almost all the weight. Is this how it will be? I am about 30 pounds overweight. I work out 3-4 times a week. Generally healthy. When eating raw a few days in a row, I feel thin and happy. When I slip and eat something cooked, I feel fat and miserable. I am going to a 6 hr class in a few weeks to learn how to prepare lots of raw foods. I'm finding it hard to stick with it since I have 2 small kids and a meat eating hubby - ANy and all advice greatly appreciated!!

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: September 17, 2007 06:22PM

If I weren't raw now, I would be absolutely envious of your Italian grandma-prepared meals...no cooked food is more delicious, imo. You're new to raw foods and transitioning takes a long while. Don't worry if you gave in to special foods and occasions like that.....eventually you'll find it less tempting and there are lots of long-term rawfoodies who say they aren't tempted by any cooked food. (For me now, I'm only tempted when I'm feeling a certain way - it's not the food that tempts me, just the desire to get some energy into my body, at times)

Fuzzysox lost 30 lbs in the past few months and she lives with her unsupportive family (she's a teen). If she can do it.....!?

Look at the photos of people who have transitioned - they're gorgeous and who doesn't want to be gorgeous? And best of all, they feel great and have control over their lives.

Posted by: diamond dave ()
Date: September 17, 2007 09:12PM

I'm on week three going raw and can't brag about loosing that much weight! Way to go Darren although as Pam stated, quite a bit is likely water. Still, my hat's off to you.

I had a _horrible_ weekend with little energy again and some associated depression. I about lost it internally when I threw away half of a cheeseburger that I lovingly made for my son. The Old David would have eaten that under the guise of "not wasting food". Still, in the trash it went...

A few minutes later however I succumb and had ice cream. There I said it. Ice cream. I was tired of feeling rundown and empty even though I'd had a nice green smoothie earlier. I felt like an alcoholic who's been off booze for a while slamming down a fifth of Petrone. Not good.

Guess what I'm saying is hang in there and don't beat yourself up like I did when you digress. From what I'm learning this process takes years and years and years.

Regards,

David

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: September 18, 2007 09:49AM

frumpy18- I'm high raw, and now and again I struggle a bit! I find it easier to accept I'm in the learning process, and that if I'm going to slip, then that's fine, but not to slip too far! i.e I've come home starving and there hasn't been much in the fridge and I've had to resort to something out of the cupboard, I think, okay, I'm having beans on toast, for example, but I'm having 1 slice of bread (we don't buy white bread anymore) and no margarine on the toast. And if I do slip up, I always try to make sure to have a green smoothie or something similar, so I know that although I wasn't perfect that day, I still put something extremely good inside me too smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables