Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Desire to eat everything and constant eating
Posted by: birdy ()
Date: September 16, 2007 08:19PM

I desire eating everything, harmful and beneficial. The knowledge of something being harmful is not even a deterrent. I constantly think about food and eating food, very annoying.

What's wrong with me?
Anyone else like this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Desire to eat everything and constant eating
Posted by: Darren ()
Date: September 16, 2007 08:49PM

Being my first week on this diet, I am still having cravings for "Bad" foods...and told myself that I would eat some on Sunday....Well Sunday is here and I no longer have those cravings....could be because of all the Healthy food in the fridge....

another day of success is another day healthier!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 16, 2007 10:19PM

Nothing is wrong with you. This is very normal. Its all a matter of your commitments.....and setting goals that are right for YOU! Don't hold yourself to some ideal! One foot in front of the other........even the masters do the same thing.

-Either eat the bad things and take pleasure in it.....or eat the good things.....and accept the work that comes with it.

-Crank down your goals until they are VERY small....and you have achievable goals every day....with small time-frames. Until then....you are just spinning your wheels psychic-ly.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: September 17, 2007 04:31PM

I find it helpful to stay full on raw foods. I was constantly eating the first several (maybe 6 or7) months on a high raw diet.

Posted by: applebaby ()
Date: September 18, 2007 02:10AM

OH GOSH i am exactly like this EXACTLY! for awhile it was just like if it was in front of me even if i wasn't hungry i wouldn't even think but realize that i am grabbing for it and shoving it into my mouth! i felt so trapped and couldn't figure out why i was so obsesed with food. sorry i don't exactly have an answer for you, i started eating cooked food again thinking it was the raw food but i ended up way overeating on cooked day in and day out and got SO sick. so now i'm back on raw. still a little obsessed with food but actually not nearly as much as before and i feel a lot better. with me anyhow it's just seeming to dissipate slowly over time. i think it's a part of detox.

anyhow my advice to you seeing as how that was me 5 min ago if you are wanting to eat constantly just eat compulsively on healthy food, cause eating a lot on cooked food won't make it better and you'll get sick.

with time your body will adjust.
unless of course you have always been this way then i don't really know.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 18, 2007 04:15AM

davey mason says:

<<Crank down your goals until they are VERY small....and you have achievable goals every day....with small time-frames>>

davey always says just the right thing

hey dave

u dah bomb!

Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: September 18, 2007 02:04PM

When I first started on raw, I allowed myself to eat ANYTHING and EVERTHING raw that I wanted. It was a form of mental reprogramming for me. I had to unlearn that eating the junk food I enjoyed was either "wrong" or a "reward" and thus get rid of the strange feelings I craved/regretted when eating candy, muffins, sweets, etc.

Instead I erased that part of my emotional connection with food and changed my perspective to enjoying the raw vibrant food that is nourishing me. Gradually, as I believe my body came out of nutrient/mineral- deficiency, I stopped gorging and now I eat around 1300 cals a day... To this day, I can't tell if the gorging on food was just an old habit or a deficiency... Both, no doubt...

Anyway, many different things work for many different people, but if you find yourself sitting with a few empty bags of dried apricots, a half eaten bag of walnuts and a fruit-smoothie mustache, just remember that you aren't the only one going through it!!

Man... Now I want a snack, hehe

xxpeisi

~I've tasted of the fruit,
it's opened up my eyes...~
-Infected Mushroom

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: September 18, 2007 02:50PM

Birdy - I am still experimenting with this but here's what I've found so far:

the more fat I eat, the more my body seems off-balance. I was eating plenty of nuts, etc, and having so many cravings, usually thinking about food, feeling sluggish, ...

But the few times I've cut my fat consumption way down from what I was eating, I've found myself feeling exactly opposite to what I thought I would feel - instead of craving fats and foods and feeling unfulfilled, I've felt more energetic......however, I do find myself hungry more often, like every two hours or less! But it's no problem if I know that in advance and am prepared for my appetite. I know I need lots of calories for consistent energy.

You could try planning a day or a few hours of meals with little fat and see how it works for you. I would base that on how much I had been consuming lately and reduce it in one or two steps, if you've been eating very high fat.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables