Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

cacao confusion?
Posted by: bracken ()
Date: September 17, 2007 06:53AM

Is cacao really good for you or bad? I have the nibs every other day, reading Kate Woods raw living, it is said to have magnesuium, sulphur, & full of antioxidants?

Cheers Ju.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cacao confusion?
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 17, 2007 12:11PM

Check out this recent thread on this subject: To Cocoa or not to Cocoa.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: September 17, 2007 01:07PM

below was posted on the thread referenced by bryan

"so all those who proclaim its benefits and are supposedly health advocates are either brainwashed or greedy then ? .. seems strange."

or just someone that has a different viewpoint, and that's ok, unless it damages someone that doesn't know better, which has certainly happened.

I would submit that to search out food because of supposed benefits, is effort wasted. It's backwards. It seems more natural/logical to me to eat food that is appropriate for our physiology. Benefits will naturally ensue, without us needing to do anything. And "benefits" is often a synonym for stimulant or irritant.

"Is cacao really good for you or bad? I have the nibs every other day, reading Kate Woods raw living, it is said to have magnesuium, sulphur, & full of antioxidants?"

I think that it makes more sense to eat foods instead of searching for nutrients. If one gets to the point where something is not working, then perhaps a search for the cause of a problem at the nutrient level would make good sense.
But that activity would be best undertaken after one
is cleaned out
eating all raw and fresh foods
getting enough rest and exercise
and other critical factors.

some people may not being doing right things, and then prematurely look to "high nutrient food" or stimulants to solve a problem but not addressing true cause.

Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: September 17, 2007 05:18PM

Check out the recent video on YouTube of David Wolfe speaking at Google in NYC. He describes how he eats raw chocolate every day, eats chocolate "into the late night hours" and stays up all night all the time. To me this is not healthful behavior and describes a stimulated body.

He also seems quite stimulated during his current talks if you compare them to his pre-cacao lectures.

2001: [www.feralfoods.org]

2007: [www.youtube.com]

IMO, cacao/chocolate is a drug. Perhaps a good transitional food, but not truly healthful.

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: September 17, 2007 06:46PM

Frankly, I don't think it's good or bad, just that everyone has a different body chemistry. Two people can smoke the same joint, and one person has a good high and the other a bad high. Diffrent chemistries. I think if cocao keeps you from being under the thumbs of doctors, then eat cocao. Same with anything, as long as you aren't hurting anyone else. Personally, I hate being jacked up on anything.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 18, 2007 02:49AM

I have to agree about cacao being a drug. I think recreational drug is probably more accurate. If one is looking for the healhtiest foods to eat, then cacao isn't it. However, for those looking for entertainment from their foods, I think cacao just might fit the bill.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: September 18, 2007 03:04AM

I can just hear the raw food late nighters in the park:

"Sup mahomie!"

- "Awwww maann I just scored the best buds you never had!"

"Show me!"

- "Not here! Ain't you checked this park for narcs?"

"There ain't nobody here, what're you paranoid about? See that cacao is making you jumpy!!!"

- "Ya, whatev, let's just do this stuff quick and get outta here."

Bryan and aquadecoco appear seconds later with flashlights, glance at each other.....yup, ..... those cacao-eaters left a cold trail. I guess it,s back to the forum.

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: September 18, 2007 03:59AM

L M BUTT O! "There ain't nobody here, what're you paranoid about? See that cacao is making you jumpy!!!"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables