Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone in Los Angeles?
Posted by: Yogatastic ()
Date: September 19, 2007 02:11AM

My husband and I are coming to LA this weekend for the first time and would love to know where to go to eat raw, where to buy organic fruit, where the best breakfast is, etc...
I know about Juliano's Restaurant and plan to eat there.
I would love to meet some living foodists while I'm there!!!
Anyone going to the Global Mala??

Namaste

"Let your heart shine blissfully into each moment, creating more sunshine for all who pass your way"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2007 02:14AM by Yogatastic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone in Los Angeles?
Posted by: shaine ()
Date: September 19, 2007 02:39AM

hey. I lived in LA for a few months this summer.

"Cru" in Sunset Junction (Silverlake area) was very good, and not too expensive. Their icecream is deadly excellent (don't bother with the brownie sundae, I'd get three scoops of three different flavors.)

The Hollywood farmer's market on Sunday morning is fantastic--so big, so many sellers, so many SAMPLES. that was my breakfast every weekend. It's located North of Sunset on Cahuenga Blvd.

there organic produce lots of places, but one pretty good organic grocery, with a bin selection too, is "Nature Mart"--it's on Vermont Ave, two blocks south of Los Feliz.

have fun--I guess. no offense to those who live there and like it, but IMO, LA is a pit. But temporarily? it's strange and fun.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Date: September 19, 2007 02:46AM

thanks!

Posted by: selenes512 ()
Date: September 19, 2007 04:34PM

Try Leaf cuisine There is one on Venice Blvd (I think) and there are also a few places that sell their premade meals (one in Hollywood and one in West hollywood). They are very very good, but a bit pricey. Definately worth checking out.

Posted by: caseyberaw ()
Date: September 19, 2007 06:27PM

I live in Los Angles (Los Feliz) and just wanted to make a correction to Shaine's posting for Nature Mart. It's actually on Hillhurst Ave about 3 blocks east of Vermont Ave. I really like this little store-though of course it is a bit pricey. I'm not sure where in LA you are staying but if you are closer to the East side (Hollywood, Los Feliz, Silverlake, etc) there is a Leaf cafe on Franklin Ave in Los Feliz-simple and good! Enjoy your trip!

Posted by: Ashcat ()
Date: September 19, 2007 07:51PM

I second Cru (Sunset & Griffith Park Blvd, in Silverlake). Nearby there's also Cafe Flore, which is vegan, but has several raw selections and is also reasonably priced.

There's also Erewhon Market, on Beverly Blvd @ Stanley, kind of near The Grove. It's got a pretty impressive focus on raw, with lots of raw staples, prepared raw, homeopathic remedies, organic produce - even pints of raw icecream in the freezer. Down the street at Beverly & Orlando, the Beverly Hills Juice Club is a fun treat - their shakes, made with juice & raw banana sunflower or almond "manna" are a splurge, but heavenly.

In terms of farmer's markets, Hollywood is my favorite, but there's one pretty much every day of the week, in different parts of the city. You can find the schedule & info online at [farmernet.com].

Enjoy your visit! It's been beautiful the past few days, nice & cool!

Date: September 19, 2007 09:36PM

Thank you to all your suggestions. I'm staying in West Hollywood on Sunset.

Posted by: Ashcat ()
Date: September 20, 2007 03:06AM

Perfect - nothing's too far in that case. Sunset east will take you straight to Cru & Flore, and Erewhon's right below you. Have fun!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables