Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw and winter
Posted by: smilebig ()
Date: September 19, 2007 11:44PM

Does eating 100% raw during fall and winter make a person feel colder than if they were eating cooked?

I'm a little nervous about not having my hot soup during the cold months, but if people tell me they feel just the same or better, it will give me the confidence I need to get through fall and winter without soup.

-smilebig
Pacific Northwest

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw and winter
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: September 19, 2007 11:51PM

I'm your neighbour in Vancouver and I went raw last December (actually November). It was hard at first - I was used to warming myself with foods and teas etc. But on raw it became much easier as my organs got healthier, so within a short while, my iron levels shot up and I felt pretty good. I'll never be a cold-weather person, but I'm not dreading it like I used to.

Posted by: Peony ()
Date: September 20, 2007 02:56AM

Hi - I live in the Midwest and am gentle on myself in winter. I tend to lightly steam my kale/chard and have a baked sweet potato with it on occasion. I also really enjoy miso soup. I remain vegetarian and focus on food combining and eat about 80% raw. It's really hard to want to wolf down a smoothie or a big bowl of fruit after shoveling snow in minus 0 degree weather! Oh - I also warm myself with green rooibos tea. Would love to hear from other cold weather rawies!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2007 02:57AM by Peony.

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: September 20, 2007 03:57AM

Interesting thread. I've been wondering about this myself lately. This will be my first raw winter. I'll probably drink hot ACV drinks to warm me up.

I get cold sometimes during my weekly fast and that made me think of what I could expect this winter.

Posted by: smilebig ()
Date: September 20, 2007 04:58AM

Roxeli-

What are ACV drinks?

-smile

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: September 20, 2007 05:12AM

smilebig Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Roxeli-
>
> What are ACV drinks?
>
> -smile

ACV = Apple Cider Vinegar. I make a tea with hot water, ACV, honey, and lemon.

You can read more about it here:
[www.bragg.com]

Posted by: strangeseraph ()
Date: September 20, 2007 09:36AM

Been awhile since I've been here and posted last...

What about tea from water thats not boiling or hot enough to cook, but warmed enough to make it feel good to drink? IE: Water thats been standing in a bottle in the room is warmer than water in the fridge. Etc.

Just my thought, because I've drank cold tea before and hot tea, and lukewarm tea, and it all tastes like tea. winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables