Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

recurring problems
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: September 22, 2007 12:54AM

i am havng some trouble with some issues i had while i was first transitioning 2 raw... first off, im not sleeping very well, only when i eat right before i go do bed, i dont find myself waking up 3-4 times a night,,
i am exhausted when i wake up in the morning, so i kno it isnt me getting more energy and needing less rest or watever..
secondly i am starting 2 get muscle spasms again, for a couple of weeks now i have been craving grains and fish,, i kno this is a vegan board and i can assure u i am a vegan and dont condone eating fish, but i feel like there is some nutrient in these things that i need that makes them so appealing 2 me...
so i started eating bean sprouts, and i am not sure but i think that it helped a little bit, and ive been thinking of buying some veggitarian dha... hav any of you used this?

thirdly i have been getting really gloomy on myself, and, this is hard 2 explain, but its like ive got tunnel vision, and everything, when i see it and process it, is out of focus, im speaking in terms of thinking and feeling too... the only way i can really explain it is it seems like i am losing the colors, from the things i see, to how i feel...
i am constantly eating, and never feel nutritionally satisfied, and i am also eating tons of fat..

the only other time i felt this way was when i was first transitioning to raw... and the whole time before i went raw...
could this b emotional detox?
could it be my diet? right now it is limited because i dont hav the money to buy all the things i want and crave,, heres what ive been eating lately-

watermelon
salads with onion, garlic avos, vinegar,and tomatoes
i alternate between kiwi, grapes, and plums
and sometimes i can get either corn, sprouts, or pumpkin seeds

thats about it, i cant really afford diversity, but is that what i really need?
also i havent been in the sun for a while, because its been raining constantly, could this be it?
any advice will help, thanks everyone :]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: recurring problems
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 22, 2007 01:34AM

You might try taking out the garlic, onions, and vinegar and see if that makes a difference (give it a few days though). This foods are stimulants.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: September 22, 2007 02:01AM

I felt worse when I had lots of fat! Eating fat made me crave more fat! I do feel better cutting back, though I'm not at 10%, more like 20-25% I think. Just try it for a day and see how you feel or vary it as needed.

Fuzzy I pm'd you, please check it out.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 22, 2007 02:33AM

fuzzysox

i don't know the answer
i'm just wondering though

if u would consider that it could be other factors other than your diet

social/family/emotional etc.

it might give u a more holistic answer

i remember your mentioning how your family disapproved/didn't understand

your diet etc etc.

but aside from that, it seems like more is going on

hope u find the answers

have fun while you're at it

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: September 22, 2007 03:14AM

Deficiency in B vitamins, perhaps?

I had muscle spasms, too, and fixed it in like an hour - I looked it up on the internet because I remembered reading somewhere a long time ago that muscle spasms indicated a specific deficiency... I couldn't find a concrete, satisfactory answer, so I narrowed it down to a few possible things, then went to the health food store and bought like 3 or 4 things. I can only remember pumpkin seeds & sunflower seeds, I think maybe spinach also... anyway I would suggest looking it up, you might find a more specific answer than I did.

Are you eating any sugar or refined grains? If so, that could be the source of your emotional issues. For me personally, fruit made me crave sugar, so I switched to whole grains (spelt, millet, amaranth), and quickly stopped craving sugar. Sprouted grains are best, but I haven't learned sprouting yet. Cooked grains are not great (I wouldn't eat more than a tiny bit), but for me they're better than sugar. For now. Until I learn how to sprout.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: September 23, 2007 05:35PM

fuzzy, Sorry about your problems. For muscle spasms, charlie horses, etc. use Peter Gilliam's Natural Calm (Magnesium) Plain Flavor only. That's what I use. You're lacking in magnesium which allows the muscles to relax. Calcium allows the muscles to contract. You're not getting enough magnesium. You can get it here. Just mix 1 teaspoon in a cup of hot water and drink. [www.vitaminshoppe.com]

As for not being able to sleep, it seems that you are detoxing and that's the reason that you can only sleep after eating. Other than that, your body is going crazy detoxing. Also, it seems that you may not be getting enough nutrients. Go to fitday.com and check out your daily intake. Supplement where lacking.

If you're overeating, it's likely to not getting enough variety and nutrients. You sound like you need to eat something a bit heavier. I always like hummus made out of sprouted chick peas myself to ground me. I like the concept of the "umami" or sense of savory/meaty flavor in food. Tomatoes and other fruits/veggies have this. People like Portabello mushrooms for this flavor but I don't eat mushrooms. The hummus and tomatoes help in this regard.

I hope that helps. Cheer up. You are in control of your attitude. Just get a better balance on your intake and the rest will follow. Good luck. Therese

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables