Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Happy happy happy!
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: September 27, 2007 03:25AM

The other day I was walking down a trail, and a very healthy little girl was eating a fresh blackberry her father gave her. She was saying 'happy happy happy!" as she held the berry. I just loved that, and I immediately validated that it was happy!

Another very healthy child in the lunch room at work saw me walking with a pear. He said very enthusastically "Do you love pears?!" I said "yes I do! Very much!"

Children love and know fruit and that it makes you happy!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Happy happy happy!
Date: September 27, 2007 01:36PM

That is so cute. I haven't witness a child eating fresh fruit. Instead when I go to the grocery store and the cashier (teenager) picks up my aspargus and asks "What's this?"

I had a birthday party for my son and with fun things to eat including raw veggies and dips. One 9 year old girl picked up a cauliflower and asked "What's this?"

Posted by: Custom ()
Date: September 27, 2007 05:26PM

Oh my gosh deegarry... that same thing happens to me in the grocery store..

Young checkers have asked about the following veggies: broccoli, cauliflower, avocados, cilantro and parsley. I could understand about some of the more obscure veggies such as kale or turnip greens etc...

Makes you wonder what their folks feed them at home...

elayne

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: September 27, 2007 06:15PM

My son loves dryed papaya, and one day, when he was in elementry school, a kid asked him, "WHAT IS THAT!". My son said, "It's PAPAYA! Haven't you ever seen papaya!?", very confidently.

I have a best friend that said my green juice with cucumber, apple & lemon, looked like sewer water. I told her it would be good to make friends with the color green. It's been proven to be anti-aging to the mind & body.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2007 06:16PM by Rawrrr!.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: September 27, 2007 09:50PM

I have a best friend that said my green juice with cucumber, apple & lemon, looked like sewer water. I told her it would be good to make friends with the color green. It's been proven to be anti-aging to the mind & body.

Great comeback!

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: September 27, 2007 10:35PM

lol duhh
havent u heard of the happy dance?
i do it everytime i eat sum yummy fruit or salad
gets me all excited
doo doo dee doo,, happy!! grinning smiley

haha i used 2 do that about fruit even b4 i was raw :]

Posted by: rawnora ()
Date: September 27, 2007 11:18PM

Yes, Mislu, it is a beautiful thing, to see how children enjoy fruit. A friend of mine tells the story of how he used to eat plums from the tree at a house he was working on, and how the little children who lived there would gather around him and beg him to pick them fruit. He was actually admonished by their mother for giving it to them because it "spoiled their appetite" for their regular lunch of sandwiches and cooked vegetables. It is magical to see how babies and children are naturally drawn to fruit. Notice how everything we try to feed babies we have to sweeten and flavor so it tastes like fruit. When that fails we have to deceive them with games like 'here comes the airplane, open the hangar'.

Best wishes,
Nora

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: September 28, 2007 02:32AM

haha, heres a 747 filled with free radicals.

bon appetite kiddo!

me personally..I spoiled my appetite all day every day this summer

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: September 28, 2007 08:35AM

Deegery,
You have children, and yet you haven't seen them eat fruit?

Date: September 28, 2007 09:01PM

My son eats fruit, yes. I meet my son for lunch at his elementary school and all the kids in the cafetaria had junk to eat, everytime I go there, no fruit.

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: September 28, 2007 09:57PM

I used to join my kids for lunch when they were in elementary school and I would see kids throwing away the apples and carrots that their parents packed in their lunch. That way they could pretend they ate them. The guy in charge of the trash said it was a real shame to see food wasted like that. That taught me to never pack fruits & veggies in their lunch unless they wanted it. My daughter is in high school now and she packs her own lunch and always takes some baby carrots and sometimes an apple. So, in line with the theme of this thread, I am happy that my daughter is vegetarian and likes some fruits & veggies.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: September 28, 2007 10:39PM

My two year old has eaten five apples today. My kids eat fruit constantly. We can't buy it fast enough. Before going high raw my son, then 1 1/2, would have a @#$%& anywhere from five to seven times a day. Now he has one two to three times a day. he also eats way more often, constantly now. So much that I was feeding him was coming out in waste and now his food is so nutrient dense his body is utilizing more of it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables