Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Saving the life of a fly
Posted by: karennd ()
Date: September 30, 2007 06:26AM

I kill roaches, spiders, and ants that come into my house. I do say, sorry little guy, before I do it. But I can't stand being overrun by them in my house. I didn't used to say sorry, so maybe that is a change for the better.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: blue_sky ()
Date: October 01, 2007 11:16AM

Don't worry Milsu, you have my support!smiling smiley

I think you're doing the right thing, so keep it up!=)

All the Best,
Wong

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: October 01, 2007 03:53PM

We had a fly infestation for about three months this summer. We live in the country and insect infestations of one kind or another is common here. There were swarms of flies in our house. It was miserable. I don't know how we would kill them if we had wanted to. I wasn't going to swat them (nastier than the flies themselves) or poisen them or torture them to death with tape. I would open the front door with the glass storm door closed. The warmth of the sun attracted them to there and I would herd them out with a girl scout banner. I was pushing thirty out or more out at a time. I thought it was fun. I didn't feel like they were more than a nuisance so I didn't to have their deaths on my karma. We've been listening to "Instant Karma" all summer too.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: October 02, 2007 04:11AM

Blue-sky,
Thank you! I am really taking a lot of joy in doing what I can to save insect lives. I used to have a lot of fear about spiders in the house, but not so much any more.

I've been busy constructing ahimsa devices. Things that will make the saving and removal of insects from homes alot easier. Its really rather fun. In one of the resturants I go to, I told the owner about making her one,as she was removing a hornet with a cup and paper. I know in my heart that most people do not want to kill, not even insects. When I told the resturant owner about this, her eyes really lit up, she was quite happy. She is really looking forward to trying one of the devices. I am as well, I haven't tested it out yet, but I am excited to try it. I want to test it before giving it to someone else, to be sure that its also safe for the person as well. But I think that insects know if you mean no harm.

I happened to find a book describing Yupik life. I was so delighted to confirm again. Eskimos know ahimsa, karma, compassion, helping others, do meditations/prayers. I honestly believe that all people instinctively know this. We have been assigned to be caretakers of the planet, like a gardner to dress and keep it. All my life I have been collecting seeds and redestributing them, replanting seeds from fruit. I still do this even when intellectually I have been told that certain fruits will not grow in a particular climate. But if the seed has arrived in a particular location it deserves a chance to to live.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 02, 2007 04:46AM

no msg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2007 04:49AM by bugman.

Posted by: inspirit ()
Date: October 02, 2007 04:52AM

I carefully capture and release spiders. I'm horribly afraid of eight legged crawlies, so it's sort of confronting my fear.

inspirit - aka coolkarma

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: October 02, 2007 05:20AM

Kareend,

If you have ants or other insects in your house what does this mean? What are you expecting them to do? I hope that I will not get bitten by a spider, thas happened to me a number of years ago, But after getting a bit more conscious it seems like I am more aware of insects. Like when I kindly reminded the centipede that I was there, I was in a sound sleep and woke up to hear it crawling. I tapped the carpet and went away and I quickly went back to sleep.

Having critters in your home can be a joy. I let the slug stay in my apartment with me. It make silver trails on the wall and floor, which i thought was beautiful, especially in the morning light. It also carefully ate the rotten parts of the leaves from my plant in the flower pot I had. After that the plant was much much healthier. The last time I saw that slug was a the night it fell on my head. I woke up to feel a refreshing soft moist thing hit my head. It landed in the exact center of my forehead. It was like it was its way of blessing me, and its way of saying good by, Im going to miss you. I just laughed inside because it felt so good!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables