Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

female question?
Posted by: ferdiewen ()
Date: September 28, 2007 09:32PM

I am curious how other raw food female eater take care themself during their period? Just eat normal food, or less salad or cold drink? Any good suggestions to fight PMS?

Thks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: female question?
Date: September 28, 2007 09:44PM

before raw it was heavy and always 6 to 8 weeks apart and 4 to 5 days of it. I really never had a problem with PMS. When I went raw, it is very light and now 4 to 5 weeks apart with 2 to 3 days of it.

I heard eventually it goes away on it's own by eating all raw. Can't wait for that to happen!

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: September 28, 2007 10:41PM

I drink more water and spinach and banana smoothies.

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: September 29, 2007 01:25AM

I've been raw for 6-7 months now. I stopped menstruating about 4 months into it, then got it again last month. It was brief and painless. If I get it on time this month, I should have PMS right now--I wonder if I'm just tired and under pressure, or if I really am feeling the symptoms. Either way, I have been craving bananas madly, and I'm normally not so into them. Other than that--dandelion tea for water retention, soaked grains and nuts for comfort (though, I'm really trying to ditch the psychological foods, and stick to fresh/energizing foods). I like carrots a lot for crunching--romaine lettuce too--it clears my head AND energizes me. Walking, or the rowing machine. I believe you'll feel what you need intuitively. I'm at the point where I can usually walk through the market and really just zero in on exactly what it is my body wants at the time. very cool...but very mysterious/kooky sounding to my non-raw friends.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Posted by: uncwsurf ()
Date: September 29, 2007 01:25PM

Is that healthy to have your period go away after a certain amount going raw? It doesn't seem like that should happen if you are eating enough calories/fats. It seems like that may be damaging for younger girls in their 20s and 30s who would want to get pregnant in the future.

Posted by: veggiel0ve ()
Date: September 29, 2007 02:02PM

I've been wondering that often too. I am 18. I have been eating raw foods for a couple months. Not until I started eating 811, did I start cleansing. I have been eating very much less fat, but adequate carlories, and lost my period eventually afterwards. I feel great.

When I first went raw a couple years ago, I followed 811 without even realizing I was doing so. I lost my period and was really scared there was something wrong with me. I went to the OGBYM to get checked out. They said 'it was really odd but they had no idea why I wasn't getting my period, i was really healthy.' Then they gave me birth control! Ofcourse I got my period after that, and yes it was regular, but that stuff is crazy and I have not been on that for a long time now. I just wonder if my lack of period is going to risk my plan of having kids eventually.

Posted by: redstar_38 ()
Date: September 30, 2007 12:01AM

i have been about 85% raw since may and haven't had my period for the last two cycles...is that normal?

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: September 30, 2007 10:03PM

i used to have a really long cycle, and light periods. my last two periods (in may and june) were 28 days, very light, painless and almost nothing of note. then i got pregnant.

while raw and breastfeeding, i would ovulate, but not bleed. this happened three or four times.

i'm used to a normal cycle, light, painless, and easy. but also long cycles have been normal for me.

so i think 'normal' has to be redefined for raw females, but whatever is going on, you should be in tune with your body. i use my fluids to know whether or not i'm ovulating and to know what is going on with my cycles.

peace-

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: September 30, 2007 10:16PM

You don't need to menstruate to get pregnant but you DO need to ovulate.

This article is so informative about the effects of diets and the menstruation cycle:

[www.waldorfhomeschoolers.com]

Posted by: ferg ()
Date: October 02, 2007 03:43PM

I've been raw about 18 months and have never had a problem with missing my period. Its always bang on. It is a lot lighter now, I have no cramps or headaches. Just a little grumpy (really wish that sympton would go away).
Considering when I was cooked I had to down a bottle of Advil to ease the pain, this is nothing short of a miracle (I'm not 100% raw, still indulge in steamed veggies/potatoes once or twice a week).

Posted by: cricri ()
Date: October 03, 2007 11:50AM

Weird question: if menstruating is not natural nor necessary, why both my cat and my dog (eating only raw for their whole lives) were mestruating? No change in eating habits made it better for me until I had my baby daughter. Now my periods are smoother (not much lighter but painless). Though I 'd feel much better withought the monthly hassle I guess I would worry a bit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables