Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Emotional Changes on Raw
Posted by: bindiguurl ()
Date: September 30, 2007 08:01AM

Hi everyone,

This is the second time I have tried the raw food diet. I have been about 50-70% raw for about the month now and lately have felt depressed. Even though on the inside I know I am not depressed, I feel lethargic and unmotivated, really calm, patient and at peace one day and feel very negative the next. Today I blew up over nothing and couldn't believe how erratic, angry and irrational I was. It didn't seem real, I didn't even care about what had bothered me a few seconds later and was rational and calm very quickly. It was as though my body needed to get rid of some emotional baggage... at least i hope!!!
Today I have felt like crying but have no idea why! On the inside, deep in the core, I feel good, but on the other layers I feel really sad. It is as though i have pms: angry and emotional, up and down for unknown reasons - but i know that i don't have pms.

It has only been like this over the last few days. I know that physical symptoms can occur during detox, what about emotional ones? Did anyone feel an emotional release or detox?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Emotional Changes on Raw
Posted by: azrael ()
Date: September 30, 2007 08:23AM

It is all a part of the process. Enjoy the ride. You will love how you feel when you reach the other side.

Re: Emotional Changes on Raw
Posted by: shaine ()
Date: September 30, 2007 02:51PM

I have felt very aware/awake on raw.

but now, I'm noticing more immediately when a situation, or certain company is giving me negative feelings. I tend to think that being raw doesn't necessarily leave you elated, but rather, more in tune with your reactions and perceptions.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables