Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I bet everyone does this....
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: October 01, 2007 05:50PM

You're making a green smoothie....you chop up the parsley and kale, but leave some of the stems on the cutting board because your blender won't puree them fine enough.
They look tempting sitting there while you wait for the smoothie to blend. You put them in your mouth and start chewing the juice from them.
The smoothie is ready and you turn off the blender. You know it's going to taste great, but you haven't finished chewing those delicious green stems. You start tidying the kitchen to use the stem-chewing time and 10 minutes later....you still haven't poured the smoothie. All else is delayed while you satisfy your need to chew the stem-gum. I'm chewing it right now. Can't stop.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I bet everyone does this....
Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: October 01, 2007 06:29PM

Mmmm, I do that with arugula, citantro & romaine. First time I had arugula was on my honeymoon (ex hubby), at an Italian restaurant, and I was in love with arugula from the first bite. I've gotten people hooked on it, too.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: October 02, 2007 05:17AM

arugula is the best ever. I found some at a farmers market and got some almost every weekend. I practally druel at the stand while buying a bunch of arugula. What flavor yum

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: October 02, 2007 02:39PM

I miss out on that because I give all the stems to our guinea pigs. They love our table scraps and I love having little raw vegan pets.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 02, 2007 08:12PM

no, its never happened to me

but it sounds like a fun thing to do
chewing cilantro gum while wwaiting for green smoothie

hmm... i'll try to pencil that one into my schedule ( LOL)

Posted by: rankdurian ()
Date: October 03, 2007 10:40AM

Never have done that. I have a vitamix that gets it all in one shot. I do tend to suck on the date pits.

Ishmael

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables