Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I am carving for carborhydrate? I want bread and cookie?
Posted by: ferdiewen ()
Date: October 01, 2007 08:31PM

Has anyone has gone through the period of time just want pasta, cookie and raice....etc?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I am carving for carborhydrate? I want bread and cookie?
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 01, 2007 08:33PM

absolutely ! for some reason raw zuchini seemed to help with those cravings .. i would sprinkle on a bit of garlic powder and some organic olive oil an toss like a salad

fruit has many carbs .. perhaps its not so much the carb you are craving but the comfort of pasta/breads etc. you are missing? smiling smiley pastas were the hardest for me to let go .. i never was a big bread eater to begin with, i found later it wasnt so much the pasta i was craving but the *taste* of the sauces ... well the sauces can easily be reproduced in raw form and poured over veggies

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2007 08:35PM by Jgunn.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: October 01, 2007 08:42PM

I crave the bread and pasta much more than the meat or even sugar. I have been raw since june. I am slowly craving bread less and less. When I have a thought of cooked foods that I would like to eat I try not to think about it to much but to inject the thought of how much I want to be raw and how good I feel from being raw and all that. a proverb says " whatsoever you think so it is" something like that. I think it important to not dwell on those things and replaise it with what we want. As for what to eat I enjoyed zuccini and one time I dehydrated the zuccini and they were crunchy like chips. I am now trying the green smoothies and am finding myself more satisfied with increasing the amount of green food I am eating. It will take a while to get use to eating raw foods but well worth it don't you think?

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 01, 2007 09:05PM

Green smoothies or juice & colonics help get rid of my cravings. You could be detoxing pasta or cookies you ate years ago and as it leaves your body, it sets off cravings. While eating raw you can detox quicker than your body can get rid of it and it accumulates in your intestines, even though you are having good movements 3 or more times a day. You wouldn't believe how much my cravings are reduced after doing a colonic at home with my bib kit.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 01, 2007 09:32PM

Of course! I hear you. The transition to a more complex sugar structure as a long-term source of energy is the last great cleansing leap! But the person must personally feel/know that processed carbs are not better for them in the long run......and have a strong motivation to change.....as the initial physical feedback is NOT energetic! Ha! ha! That is a misconception/myth.....in my experience.......as true healthy eating often gives rise to initial system slow-down. Just my thoughts / opinions.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: October 01, 2007 10:32PM

Sounds like you are craving starch, not carbohydrate in general, in which case fruit would satisfy your cravings.

I would not feel guilty about it but if you succumb try to make it something more on the healthy side: sweet potato, quinoa, brown rice, etc.

Some of us have 15 copies of the amylase gene, others only 2. It's more difficult for the 15 crowd than for the 2. I suspect that those who do best on 80-10-10 in the long term are closer to 15 than to 2.

Posted by: ferdiewen ()
Date: October 01, 2007 11:03PM

what is 80-10-10, I seem theat term a lot but never understood.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 01, 2007 11:32PM

i love it when arugula gets scientific ! grinning smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: October 01, 2007 11:40PM

Too late for me to edit my post, when I wrote

It's more difficult for the 15 crowd than for the 2

what I meant is that it is probably more difficult for people with 15 copies of this DNA sequence to give up starches because such people are more suited to high carbohydrate diets and probably more accustomed to diets high in starch.

I think that the number of copies of this gene sequences is probably inversely proportional to distance from the equator of our ancestors.

As a Mediterranean type I have always done best with relatively high carbohydrate diets. I can give up starch but I can't give up sugar as well! Wanna watch me bite somebody's head off? Take away my carbs.

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: October 01, 2007 11:46PM

*Hugs* I know it's hard at times, but if you really want to give up the starches you can do it! :-) Once you are done detoxing all of it, you'll be so happy you didn't give in to the craving. But, if you aren't ready to give them up, completely, yet--then that's okay, too.

Love,

Gypsy

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 02, 2007 02:55AM

ferdiewen,

If you are craving bread and pasta, you are not eating enough sweet fruit. Eat more sweet fruit and you will see the craving for starchy carbs disappear.

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 02, 2007 05:06AM

ferdeiwen, 80/10/10 is from the book by Dr. Graham. It means 80% carbs, 10% protein, 10% fat - I think that's right.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables