Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Rawnora - question for you
Posted by: daisyduke ()
Date: October 02, 2007 11:59PM

Hello,
I'm intrigued by your recent posts and am wondering if you can tell me what you typically eat in a day. Also, I remember reading that you don't really do high impact type workouts anymore (just walking if I remember correctly). I have adrenal fatigue and can't work out too much, so I'm just wondering what has worked for you if you don't mind sharing.
Thanks so much, Tammy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rawnora - question for you
Posted by: rawnora ()
Date: October 03, 2007 01:55PM

Hi Tammy,
I'm glad you found the other thread helpful. I'm sorry it went sideways and to the extent that I encouraged that, I'll work on changing. It's very difficult, however, to deliver the kind of information I have without raising the ire of those who have found security in medicine of one form or another.

For about the last month or two, this is what it has looked like. I eat a melon or two as late in the morning as I can (10ish), followed by plums or grapes an hour or two later and then figs in the mid-afternoon. Sometimes I have a handful of nuts an hour or so after that, but more often, not.

When I cut off my eating early in the day (3-4 pm) I sleep all the way through the night without waking up (if nothing disturbs me, that is).

You'll note I'm not eating any greens currently. I think a lot of raw fooders getting to this late stage have the same dilemma -- greens (lettuce and celery, the ones I would choose to eat if I ate them) taste bad on their own, but it makes no sense to disguise them just to get them down. My answer is to not eat them, although I will continue to buy them from time to time just to see how they taste. Most often it's a waste of money. I have noted in years past that starting in January or February, celery starts tasting very good and I eat lots of it. I don't know if this has to do with the celery or me, or maybe a combination.

I just walk for exercise, or do yardwork or housework, an hour or two a day. On the weekends I do at least one 2-hour hike. In the morning I do a few minutes (literally) of aerobic-type movement just to get warm.

I hope this is helpful. Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Best wishes,
Nora
www.RawSchool.com

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: October 03, 2007 02:32PM

This link may help and I felt it was a good read :O)

[www.rawschool.com]

Date: October 03, 2007 02:36PM

rawnora Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Tammy,
> I'm glad you found the other thread helpful. I'm
> sorry it went sideways and to the extent that I
> encouraged that, I'll work on changing. It's very
> difficult, however, to deliver the kind of
> information I have without raising the ire of
> those who have found security in medicine of one
> form or another.
>
> For about the last month or two, this is what it
> has looked like. I eat a melon or two as late in
> the morning as I can (10ish), followed by plums or
> grapes an hour or two later and then figs in the
> mid-afternoon. Sometimes I have a handful of nuts
> an hour or so after that, but more often, not.
>
> When I cut off my eating early in the day (3-4 pm)
> I sleep all the way through the night without
> waking up (if nothing disturbs me, that is).
>
> You'll note I'm not eating any greens currently.
> I think a lot of raw fooders getting to this late
> stage have the same dilemma -- greens (lettuce and
> celery, the ones I would choose to eat if I ate
> them) taste bad on their own, but it makes no
> sense to disguise them just to get them down. My
> answer is to not eat them, although I will
> continue to buy them from time to time just to see
> how they taste. Most often it's a waste of money.
> I have noted in years past that starting in
> January or February, celery starts tasting very
> good and I eat lots of it. I don't know if this
> has to do with the celery or me, or maybe a
> combination.
>
> I just walk for exercise, or do yardwork or
> housework, an hour or two a day. On the weekends
> I do at least one 2-hour hike. In the morning I
> do a few minutes (literally) of aerobic-type
> movement just to get warm.
>
> I hope this is helpful. Let me know if I can
> answer any other questions.
>
> Best wishes,
> Nora
> www.RawSchool.com

Great stuff Nora....I love hiking and probably go twice a week!

F1

Posted by: daisyduke ()
Date: October 03, 2007 09:51PM

Thanks everyone for sharing. I really appreciate it!

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: October 03, 2007 11:19PM

Good thread. I find it quite relevant to me too. I have injured my lower back (herniated disc) and I absolutely cannot do any form of exercise that puts pressure on my disc, or I get worse, and believe me, this is not fun at all. I can't bend, twist or lift weigths, or my body pretty quick lets me know of discomfort. So, I do as my body tells me (and not what some fitness emthusiasts might say). Walking is fine for me. When I get better, perhaps I will be able to do some other form of exercise as well - perhaps yoga, biking, swimming, whatever feels good and in the amounts that feel comfortable. But I will always avoid workouts with weights that put pressure on my spine. It makes sense to me that our body was not made for us to lift heavy weights. Walking, running, swimming seems a natural way of moving, as long as it is done in a natural setting, not in an excessive manner (as it may happen in workouts, which I belive is hurtful to my body). I think I prefer going to work on a bike, or going to a park on a bike, rather than going to the gym and jumping on an exercise bike. I think I prefer natural movements, rather than artificial workouts. I think that when my body wants to move, I will, spontaneously.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Peony ()
Date: October 04, 2007 01:24AM

I wonder if any of you worry about osteoporosis? I know that Nora doesn't! ;-) (just a well-meant joke...)

But my mother has it and my older sister is showing the signs. Even though my diet is scores better than theirs, at 46 I will continue to do my weight training. I love that I am strong. It also helps with balance and avoiding the loss of muscle mass as we age. This is just my opinion.

Peace all!

Posted by: rawnora ()
Date: October 04, 2007 02:32AM

Hi Peony,

Thanks for your post. Because everyone is so clueless about diet, exercise is over-emphasized in the cooked/medical world as a way to avoid disease. Osteoporosis is not caused by a lack of anything, it is a disease of excess, and although exercise does make bones denser it is just a secondary approach. The best way for a person to be sure that bone loss will never be a problem is to not eat the foods that create the need for the body to pull minerals from the bones. The most harmful foods in that regard are cooked meats, pasteurized dairy (not that the raw versions of these foods are necessarily healthy, but they are not as big a problem as cooked, perhaps not even big enough to create osteoporosis, especially if eaten moderately) and, to a lesser extent, grains.

Yes, it is good to be strong. You needn't exercise to avoid osteoporosis, however. Eating an appropriate raw diet is good enough.

Regards,
Nora
www.RawSchool.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables