Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New to raw food but feel weaker, is it normal?
Posted by: ferdiewen ()
Date: October 03, 2007 01:12AM

I used to do lots cardio exercise, now I find myself too weak to do the fast pace dancing or biking. Is it normal or the feeling will go away?

Thks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to raw food but feel weaker, is it normal?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 03, 2007 01:34AM

Opinion: Yes. Normal. It will probably pass. Exercise lighter...or just don't worry about it...until you feel more energetic. Taken over the course of a lifetime.....it is the PROCESS you are engaged in that matters. Don't you think?

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: azrael ()
Date: October 03, 2007 03:01AM

That was my experience in the very beginning. I'd go from weakness to bursts of energy, just like that.

Posted by: bindiguurl ()
Date: October 03, 2007 03:53AM

when i was raw last year i remember feeling very energetic after about a month. i have started being raw again and i have felt physically tired and wanting to sleep more. i'm not worried about it because i don't feel ill, it just feels like my body is detoxing. i expect to feel really good in the next few weeks.

Posted by: badawie ()
Date: October 03, 2007 11:18PM

I was feeling super week, so I re-added a wee bit of cooked food back into my diet (I'm on 8/1/1). I think I went all out too quickly..now I feel pretty great! I miss the sleepiness though..I was enjoying falling asleep the minute my head hit the pillow. I'm starting exercise this week again. Yoga, kung fu, not cardio, not up for that yet.

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 04, 2007 04:30AM

Yes, maybe you need to transition more slowly. Give your body time to adjust.

Posted by: veganathlete ()
Date: October 04, 2007 02:00PM

I am pretty new to the raw food thing, too (about a month)...I am a college athlete and was having the same problem with being super super weak and just not being able to perform. I think I was not eating enough...i upped my calorie intake and started feeling a lot better. To get the same amount of calories of a hamburger you have to eat 7-9 bananas - when i read this it kind of put it in perspective. Also, I started eating more nuts and seeds - wasnt getting enough protein before for the workouts i was doing. I am still working on adjusting my diet and so forth but it is getting better - I can actually complete a workout and still have energy smiling smiley I just really try to listen to my body now and it will let you know what ya need.

Good Luck ;-)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 07, 2007 08:59AM

No ferdiwen this should only happen if you are doing it the wrong way,lots of people make this mistake, they cut out all the vitamins and omegas in there diet and arent getting it from anywhere else,this can also cause your immune system to be down,I am a vegan and eat raw foods everyday, Whats happening is your body isnt getting the nutrients it needs, I take a product called elixir mre ,its powder that you blend in the blender and makes a smoothie that has all your vitamins,omegas,and nutrients in to keep up your immune system and energy levels,its also a full meal, you can buy it at www.elixirmre.com and also you should read about it,it will tell you what you need in your diet and what it gives you, hope ive come of help to you.

Posted by: smoothie ()
Date: October 07, 2007 09:34AM

''Whats happening is your body isnt getting the nutrients it needs''

i thuoght raw fruit and veg did give your body alll it needed, i thoguht that was the whole point?
i am even more confused now xx

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 07, 2007 09:54PM

Well your body is definetly going to be healthier, but "some" people who become raw eaters need extra vitamins like your omega fatty acids, some peoples bodys need more then other people so they end up getting tired,they need to take a supplement on top of raw foods to keep there energy up.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: October 08, 2007 03:03AM

. no need to be confused.

. If it helps, I agree with karen

. your body HAS everything it needs...it is only the mixing with internal wastes that causes the fatigue and desire for more rest. If you want to slow this down..simply slow down your diet. supplements and other refined OR dense OR mixed foods carry out the same function...better to take the cheap options! Although in some cases, sure eating a variety of plant sources, efas, omegas etc.. may be a good/(necessary?) thing, certainly there is nothing missing in fruit and veg that is present in SW cooked diets. its just a paranoid falsity and merely the ruminations of those who have felt ACTUAL symptoms from withdrawal of excitotoxins and the like, which from that standpoint (paranoid) can only label as unwelcome illness.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables