Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

1 more reason to go natural and avoid sweetners
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 03, 2007 02:01AM

i got this in my email today

*THIS SHOULD CHANGE YOUR MIND ABOUT USING ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS.....
IF YOU * *USE THEM???*

We live in the woods and carpenter ants are a huge problem. We have spent thousands of dollars with Orkin
and on ant poisons trying to keep them under control but nothing has helped. So when I read somewhere that
aspartame *(NutraSweet)* was actually developed as an ant poison and changed to being considered non-poisonous
after it was realized that a lot more money could be made on it as a sweetener than as an ant poison, I decided to
give it a try.

I opened two packets of aspartame sweetener, and dumped one in a corner of each of our bathrooms . That was
about 2 years ago and I have not seen any carpenter ants for about 9 to 12 months. It works better than the most
deadly poisons I have tried. Any time they show up again, I simply dump another package of NutraSweet in a corner,
and they will be gone for a year or so again. Since posting this information I have had many people tell me of their
success solving ant problems with this substance, when nothing else worked. I found later that small black ants would
not eat the aspartame. It was determined that if you mixed it with apple juice, they would quickly take it back to the
nest, and all would be dead within 24 hours, usually. I have found that sometimes it will kill them, and sometimes it
does not. Not sure why, may be slightly different species of ants or something.

Fire Ants: We got our first fire ant hill about 2 weeks ago. Poison did not work. We tried aspartame and the ants
ignored it until we got a light rain. It was just a sprinkle, enough to moisten the NutraSweet and ground, but not enough
to wash it away. They went crazy, hundreds of them grabbing it and taking it back into the mound. When I checked
the mound 2 days later, there was no sign of the fire ants. I even dug the mound up, and still saw none of them.

How does it Work: *Aspartame is a neuropoison.* It most likely kills the ants by interfering with their nervous system.
It could be direct, like stopping their heart, or something more subtle like killing their sense of taste so they can't figure
out what is edible, or smell, so they can't follow their trails, or mis-identify their colonies members, so they start fighting
each other. Not sure what causes them to end up dying, just know that for many species of ants it will kill them quickly
and effectively.

As with any poison I recommend wearing gloves and washing any skin areas that come in contact with this poison,
and avoid getting it in your mouth, despite anything the labeling may indicate.

More information on this poison can be found at:

*www.dorway.com*

<[www.dorway.com] >* *

*The Truth About Aspartame...

*Aspartame is NOT a natural substance!*

* Aspartame is NOT a Diet Enhancement product!*

*Aspartame is NOT safe - for ANYONE!*

*Aspartame is NOT a food "additive" *

*Aspartame is an UNREGULATED and UNSAFE DRUG!*

*Aspartame in liquids turns to FORMALDEHYDE above freezing!*

*Aspartame is even worse for DIABETICS!*

*Aspartame poisoning is cumulative (it adds up!)*

* Aspartame byproducts get stored in your FAT!*

*Aspartame has 92 "Official" Side Effects (the worst is DEATH!)*

* Aspartame MIMICS a wide range of problems*

*Aspartame side effects are USUALLY MISDIAGNOSED!*

*People with MS are warned to stay away from Aspartame!

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2007 02:01AM by Jgunn.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 more reason to go natural and avoid sweetners
Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: October 03, 2007 02:15AM

Thank you, Jgunn, for shining the light on aspartame.

I've been working long hours, so sorry for all the posts.

Re: 1 more reason to go natural and avoid sweetners
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: October 03, 2007 03:52AM

Yes nutrasweet is toxic at even just the warmth of room temperature. Notice that sugar-free chocolate never contains aspartame as the artificial sweetener - this is because chocolate is cooked at high temperatures for an extended period of time, and nutrasweet is too unstable and highly toxic at those temperatures.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables