Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Have anyone try just eat one thing for the whole day?
Posted by: ferdiewen ()
Date: October 04, 2007 11:24PM

I am thinking maybe I wanna give monoeating a try. Like just eat apples for a day or tomatos. Anyone had experience? Any suggestions or feedback?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have anyone try just eat one thing for the whole day?
Posted by: ambaryarena ()
Date: October 04, 2007 11:27PM

I've been monoeating apples the past four days. My skin cleared up within the first 24 hours and has been near to acne free since then. I was pretty impressed.
I have been having weird cooked food cravings-- that I haven't had for months on just raw foods. So I'm not sure what that's about...but my skin looks great!

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: October 05, 2007 01:01AM

I had all bananas one day this week then the next day ate all apples. I did it because I am broke but I felt really good. I didn't experience hunger or cravings. I think my body enjoyed the simplicity of it.

Related to that... Today I was on my way home and was thinking of ways to reward myself after working really hard the past few days. Well, it was interesting. I found that what I really wanted to do was eat green organic grapes. In the past, I would "treat" myself with cooked food -- no junk/fast food, but not raw/vegan food either. I'm really starting to see raw/vegan options automatically when I think, "How to reward myself." It feels good.

Lee

PS: A friend of mine gave me a gift card to Whole Foods today and that is how I got the organic green grapes. They were on sale. Usually, I find Whole Foods to be out of my price range and try to shop smaller HFS and farmers markets.

Posted by: uma ()
Date: October 05, 2007 01:25AM

I did 9 days of bananas last winter and a week of watermelon a few months ago. At first I was scared that I wouldn't be satisfied but it really wasn't a big deal. It felt very healing. There should be several old threads about mono-eating experiments that you might be able to find on this board somewhere.
Love,
Uma

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 05, 2007 03:10AM

Pretty much every day! ha! ha! I'm exaggerating.....but there are some days where I eat one thing. Most days I alternate eating one kind a fruit at a sitting.......wait an hour or two......and then have another fruit. You know?

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: October 05, 2007 03:15AM

Yes, several times. Bananas once and watermelon a few times, from 3-9 days at a time. It is a great experience.

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: October 05, 2007 10:33AM

yes regularly.
I have monoeaten apples pineapples and bananas for days.

I have recently been eating one type of fruit during the day, then eating a large green salad in the evening.
small tip- make sure the fruit is ripe and that you have enough fruit ripening for future meals. It really is worth a little planning ahead.
Enjoy
L

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: October 05, 2007 11:23AM

ambaryarena--that's funny, I was monoing apples since Monday too! I did this for about 8 or 9 days at the beginning of September too. And now that I'm thinking of it, I did a cleanse at the beggining of August...I wonder if I'm doing these hyper-clean 'vacations' right as I'm about to get my period (which is back after a 3-4 month hiatus, I might add). I, like Lee_123, did it partly to save money. I chose apples because 1. I felt comfortable on them before 2. they're in season, and even cheap local!
I am REALLY curious about a tomato mono. I'm afraid of the super high acidity. should I be? I love tomatoes, but have trouble eating them WITH other fruits...so a mono on them would be a great solution.
I would LOVE to hear from someone who knows about monofasting Tomatoes.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables