Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sleeping question? Too much or too little?
Posted by: ferdiewen ()
Date: October 04, 2007 11:45PM

when I first went on raw, I had so much energy so I need little sleep. But now all I want to do is sleep. Is my body trying to heal by itself? Is it normal? I am a little worry, I used to go work out after work but now I just don't have the desire. I am little worry I don't get enough work out (I do practice yoga but not cardio work out) thks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sleeping question? Too much or too little?
Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: October 04, 2007 11:49PM

Are you eating enough and getting enough protein? I might increase these, see if it helps

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: October 04, 2007 11:54PM

i have been raw since may and i am suddenly having the same problem. except of course at night when i should be sleeping! my work out routine has suffered as well. as in, i no longer work out. i too would like to hear some opinions on this.

Posted by: rawnora ()
Date: October 05, 2007 12:12AM

Yes, it is normal. The body heals in cycles and often when its burden is lifted people feel very energetic initially. This doesn't last forever as the body cycles into deeper cleansing phases and redirects energy to that task. If you don't feel like working out, don't do it. AND, don't beat yourself up about it. The changes you are making with your diet are doing so much more for you than any exercise program could. SAD-eating people NEED to work out obsessively precisely because they're not doing the things you're doing with your diet. While your body is making adjustments and learning how to make energy from the new raw materials, you'll need to give it a break. Mild exercise (like walking in the fresh air) is actually best during dietary transition, unless you honestly FEEL like doing something more vigorous.

It is also the case sometimes that raw fooders fail to continue making improvements and can get stuck on a plateau. Lack of energy is felt as the body gets cleaner and demands better fuel. All kinds of mistakes can be gotten away with in the beginning stages that later produce symptoms if they aren't curtailed. I'm talking mainly about eating complex combinations, dehydrated foods, non-foods like maca, cacao, vinegar, spices, etc., lots of nuts or other fats, etc.

It might be helpful to read my 'raw evolution' essay on my website, which chronicles my first 5 years of being raw.

Best wishes,
Nora
www.RawSchool.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables