Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How come the more I eat the more hungry I get? I am really confused here.
Posted by: ferdiewen ()
Date: October 05, 2007 05:28PM

Lately I feel I will never get full, the more I eat the more hungry I get. This is not normal. Am I going crazy or my blood sugar is playing game with me? The sensation after eating is not hunger, right? Sometimes I THINK I want something but when I put into my mouth and I realize I don't want it anymore. Why is that? I feel my mind and my body is really disconnect, I feel I don't know what my body want anymore....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How come the more I eat the more hungry I get? I am really confused here.
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 05, 2007 05:33PM

ferdiewen,

I had this issue when I first went all raw. The raw foods, when properly food combined, digest very fast, and that empty stomach feeling is there again, maybe between 15 minutes to a few hours after eating. At first, I just ate and ate. But over time, that feeling dissapated as I got used to the new raw feeling, and things were OK again.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: October 05, 2007 05:39PM

also, certain foods, although raw, can cause a person to want to continue eating.
like nuts or avocados or dehydrated raw food, or spicy/salty food.

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 05, 2007 05:55PM

I agree. You have to get used to that new, lighter feeling that is not really hunger but we often mistake it to be hunger at first. Some people eat a little more fat at first while they were transitioning and that helped. I think Bryan said he ate 20% fat for the first year and then was able to reduce it to 10% fat after that. Right, Bryan?

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 05, 2007 07:16PM

karen,

Yes, I arrived at 20% fat after realizing that I was eating 80% fat! Going to 20% fat was easy for me to start with, though I did try 10% fat at first, and it was too hard for me initially. But over 2 years, it fell to down to 10% by itself.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: October 05, 2007 07:28PM

Me too - eating to much heavy food like nuts, seeds, avocados, makes me crave more food. For me these are 'coping' foods for transitioning to a cleaner diet.

Posted by: ferdiewen ()
Date: October 05, 2007 08:39PM

Today i order 80/10/10 diet from amazon. Bryan I thought I have already asked you this question but if you don't mind telling me agin. So 80 from fresh fruit and veggie and 10 from nut and oil and what is the other 10 stands for?

I think my raw journey has transition to the 2nd phase. At first I was having fun mixing all the dressing and create fancy food. Now I don't even want nuts at all. All I want is fresh fruit, like I ate 4 big navel oranges last night. I guess I gained 2 pounds when I ate raw thanks for all the fatty nuts. (I was still angry about it) I was a little worry about eating lots fruits at first because I had some blood sugar resistant problem. I thought fruits will wreck my blood sugar and cause me problems later. Some book suggest combine fat and fruit to prevent blood sugar jump too high (I learned later this is not a good combination at all)
Can someone share with me there 80/10/10 experience? Thank you

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: October 07, 2007 08:49AM

fresh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> also, certain foods, although raw, can cause a
> person to want to continue eating.
> like nuts or avocados or dehydrated raw food, or
> spicy/salty food.

Interesting.. I too have definately noticed that like cooked food, the ones mentioned above have a similar if slightly lesser effect of making me hungry although I've never noticed it with avo's

Maybe its just a differing body type thing ?

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 07, 2007 12:07PM

Yes. Bryan is certainly correct (can't recall a time when he wasn't!). You WILL find foods that are more satisfying and keep you full. For me, it was large green Kale Salads mixed with fresh walnuts and marinated in lemon juice/garlic.

-Have you been pursuing your raw food goals....and simplifying your diet for six months or more? Until you have given yourself a generous time frame to reach a more comfortable spot.....it's hard to judge on the run....

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables