Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

80/10/10 diet anyone?
Posted by: ferdiewen ()
Date: October 05, 2007 08:40PM

Today i order 80/10/10 diet from amazon. Bryan I thought I have already asked you this question but if you don't mind telling me agin. So 80 from fresh fruit and veggie and 10 from nut and oil and what is the other 10 stands for?

I think my raw journey has transition to the 2nd phase. At first I was having fun mixing all the dressing and create fancy food. Now I don't even want nuts at all. All I want is fresh fruit, like I ate 4 big navel oranges last night. I guess I gained 2 pounds when I ate raw thanks for all the fatty nuts. (I was still angry about it) I was a little worry about eating lots fruits at first because I had some blood sugar resistant problem. I thought fruits will wreck my blood sugar and cause me problems later. Some book suggest combine fat and fruit to prevent blood sugar jump too high (I learned later this is not a good combination at all)
Can someone share with me their 80/10/10 experience? Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 80/10/10 diet anyone?
Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: October 05, 2007 10:09PM

80% minimum calories from carbs
10% maximum calories from protein
10% maximum calories from fat

My experience (9 months so far) is in my blog in my signature. smiling smiley When I first started out I logged everything I ate and counted the calories. Now I don't anymore.

Hope this helps.

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Date: October 05, 2007 10:24PM

Sarah

You look really good. I like your blog. I think you are really an inspiration for me to order 80/10/10 diet book I am also petite Asain female and I am about 120 lbs. If I can get down to 98 lbs like you, it will be my dream come true. So will almond fall into protein or nut catagory?

Date: October 05, 2007 10:43PM

All foods have carbs, protein and fats in them. Almonds are nuts that are heavy on fat and protein and low on carbs. smiling smiley HTH

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Date: October 05, 2007 10:51PM

Sarah

Sorry I have to many questions,being raw vegan is not an easy subject to discuss with friends. Will you recommend talk to a raw coach?

Date: October 05, 2007 10:59PM

No problem! I had tons of questions starting out, it's just the way it is. If you're having trouble sticking to raw or understanding raw nutrition, yes, I'd recommend getting a consult with a raw coach.

I didn't at first, but later in the journey I became addicted to fatty foods for a short period and needed someone to help me pull out of it. So I got a consult with someone who works for Dr. Graham who wrote the 80/10/10 book. It was very helpful. My husband got a consult with Dr. Graham himself. Also very helpful.

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Date: October 06, 2007 12:20AM

Sarah

If you don't mind me asking, how do you maintain your weight? Do you write food journal?

Date: October 06, 2007 01:36AM

I don't write a food journal because over the months I slowly figured out how much food I needed to keep up my activity level. But I roughly know how many calories I'm eating nowadays because when I was documenting my food intake on my blog for awhile, I learned quickly what food has how many calories - these days I'm eating anywhere from 1600-2000 calories, usually somewhere in the middle of those two. On days that I'm very physically active, I tend to desire to eat more, on other days, less.

I still feel like I have probably 10 lbs to lose and a lot more muscle to gain. The last 10 lbs or so is coming off slowly but it doesn't bother me too much - I feel good, started running and am working on my overall fitness because that, along with diet, has been a powerful duo in the changes that have happened to me physically and emotionally so far. smiling smiley That, and lots of sunshine this summer!

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 06, 2007 02:46AM

ferdiewen,

I've been playing with 80/10/10 for about 5 years now. It is a very healing diet. It can take awhile before your body will like 10% fat, it took me two years to get there. But getting to 20% fat is easy, and if you start there, over time the desire for fat will drop away and the whole 10% fat can be easeful and effortless.

I have had a lot of healing on the diet. When I first started the diet, I had a huge detox, one that required that I take 4 months off from work. But it wasn't the fault of the diet, but the years of overworking myself, drinking tons of coffee, not sleeping enough, and my very toxic SAD diet. After the detox, I began to regain the weight I lost when I was doing the high fat raw diet. My chronic dark circles under my eyes disappeared, and my skin started to glow. And pretty much all of my chronic issues that I had from my SAD life went away.

I highly recommend getting the book if you haven't already.

Date: October 07, 2007 03:31AM

Sarah

From your blog I know you are a mother of twins (lucky you). I am actually trying to get pregrent myself (first time). Do you recommend any reading for being a raw 811 while pregrent? I appreciate it, thks

Posted by: bindiguurl ()
Date: October 07, 2007 03:39AM

can i just say sarah that you look really good and thanks for being so honest on your website. i found it inspiring and loved the before and after photos. your eyes in the before photos seemed uncertain but now you just look so much more grounded! well done! i might even get the book too. hehe.

- Tara.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables