Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Winter cravings
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: October 06, 2007 03:04AM

I have been craving vegie bean soup and things like that. I ate some cooked pink lentils and ..... well, I had to leave the room.

I don't actually want to have the cooked in my body, but I really crave the old sensations I would get from certain foods. Thing is, I don't get the same sensations anymore, I just get .... well, I have to leave the room.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Winter cravings
Posted by: bindiguurl ()
Date: October 06, 2007 07:52AM

do you think maybe the cravings are emotional? i found during winter i wanted warm winter soups and thicker food but i think it was because i remember those foods to be comforting during winter. what do you think?

also, how long have you been raw? you might be craving those things from detoxing your body.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 06, 2007 02:34PM

Right. If you KNOW that eating certain things is not a nutritional or hunger situation.....then it must be something else. Most people eat for pleasure and not for nutrition.....of course.....so identifying other sources of positive pleasure and joy.....that one can then nurture and enjoy.....is certainly of paramount importance. One does not eliminate a craving or bad habit by resisting it.......but rather by cultivating good habits that simply absorb the other. Fighting a million lower laws does not create a single higher law. Just my opinions.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 06, 2007 02:45PM

do what DMZ says

it'' all be good tongue sticking out smiley
howdeeey!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 07, 2007 05:06PM

When I feel like I need something extra on cold winter nights I make some tomato/peach soup with fresh basil, or some other tomato combo. This is raw, but I warm it up (without getting it too hot to eat) and it helps a lot. I make a lot of it and eat it all.

Posted by: rankdurian ()
Date: October 11, 2007 12:39AM

I think that there is a great deal of nostalgia with food. I also think that when it gets cold out there are cravings for warmer foods because the body does not have to bring them up to body temp and waste energy. The same way a person wants to pee when it's too cold out, the body wants to get rid of anything it has to waste energy keeping at temp. I usually opt for tea or miso broth but occasionally give way to cooked soup. I make killer soups but usually pay the price in bloat and general unease.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: October 11, 2007 02:12AM

Yeah I think it's emotional - cooked food still holds some appeal when I'm tense because I used to use it to soothe my anxiety.

But I rarely get the effect I used to get from it.

I seldom used to eat anything for the flavour - I used food to drug myself and knew it for years - uppers and downers, as my schedule demanded. Now if I eat anything at all that isn't very simple raw vegan - seaweed, onion, salt, more than a small amount of fat (nuts, seeds, avocados), I feel strange and start craving other foods, like more avocado, carrot cake, etc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables