Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hormones help!
Posted by: bracken ()
Date: October 06, 2007 06:26PM

Could anyone please hep me as to help balance my hormones eating raw? I have crazy P.M.T which seems to start two weeks before my period and even carrys on through when I start! I have been getting alot of spots this month, and blind boils on my chin. I've got docs appointment to see if it is the hormone inbalance. Any suggestions well apprecated, juices etc.

Thankyou Ju

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hormones help!
Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: October 06, 2007 07:03PM

I am definitely no expert but I do have 41 years experience dealing with fluctuating female hormones. Starting emotional symptoms 2 weeks prior to menses and carrying on into it sounds like more than just typical PMS/PMT. Sure there may be a hormone balance but what is important to find out is what the root cause of your hormone imbalance is. Traditional Western Medicine rarely (if ever) looks for root cause but simply treats symptoms of which a hormone imbalance is.

Here are a few of thoughts:
1) contact a naturopathic/homeopathic practitioner in your area if you can (some resources: www.findnd.com, www.ncnm.edu, www.naturopathic.org
2) with all that I am going through something I have learned is that allergies (most often food) can be the root cause of hormonal issues. A good np doctor can help (see above).
3) consider alkalinizing your diet as much as possible (some resources, pH Miracle Diet, Alkalinize or Die) Many foods that we think of as "acidic" are actually alkalinizing in the body and vice versa. For many people, fruits can be very acidifying to their body.
4) Lack of magnesium is often strongly tied to tension/emotional angst/anxiety, etc. Consider a supplement such as "Natural Calm" by Peter Gilham, www.petergillham.com. I have used this magnesium citrate supplement.
5) Another product I have used with success is "PMS Escape" (www.pmsescape.com) but this is only useful the day of your period.
6) Also, take a look at what you are eating - is it high in sugars (e.g. dried fruits), any caffeine lurking, chocolate?? - there might be some stuff hidden in there
7) Finally, "Go green" - heavy greens will alkalinize and give you Magnesium. Look into "Green for Life" by Boutenko or something similar.

Don't negate the importance of going to your regular doctor but be aware and educated about additional route you can take to help your cause. For example, the naturopathic doctor I am now seeing told me that endometriosis can be completely obliterated with about 6 rounds of acupuncture.

Good Luck

Patty

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: October 07, 2007 12:05AM

What's your height, weight, bodyfat?

Many hormonal problems are due to too much fat in the body. If this describes you, you will have fewer problems as you lose the excess fat.

Posted by: bracken ()
Date: October 07, 2007 06:26AM

Thankyou so much patty for that, I do actually take a hormone herbal called femarone by www.shs100.com, but I will check out the ones you suggested.

arugula I am 5ft 4 and 7st 3 body fat 17.

cheers again!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables