Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How do you get motivated???
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 27, 2006 01:32PM

Hi

I was raw for almost a year and a regular on this board (in it's previous format), but fell off the wagon, had a whole load of emotional stuff to deal with, a messy divorce and all... At one point I got so depressed that, even though I don't usually take drugs, I agreed to take an antidepressant. That really screwed me up! I put on about 30 lbs in a matter of weeks. I don't think I've been the same since and that was over 6 months ago. I am now 40 lbs heavier than I was when I was raw, and you can only imagine how I HATE that!

Anyway... my question is this: I know how fantstic I felt when I was raw, I know what to do and how to loose the weight and feel great... so why can't I get MOTIVATED? Do I wait for the motivation before I get started? Can I create it? Or do I just get started? (Even though I struggle to stick with it because I'm not motivated!)

Does anyone know the answer to this dilema?

Hugs to you all

Jane

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How do you get motivated???
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: April 27, 2006 02:30PM

is that sweet jane? if so (or even if not!) HUGZZZZZZZZZ ((((XXX))))

hmmm all I can think is that it's a new moon later today... maybe that could help? Meditate on it... new beginnings... a fresh start...

just take everything slowly, be gentle with yourself. Don't feel as if you have to plunge straight into 100% rawdom, just choose fresh fruits and veg whenever it feels good to do so. If you 'force' yourself into it and make it feel like a chore, well, it will be! And if you happen to want 'junk' food, well, eat it, enjoy it, be thankful that you have the choice, and savour the experience, whatever it may bring! As Bryan so wisely says, it's a journey, not an event (-:

Anyway, what motivation would you need to treat yourself to mouthwatering juicy fruits, fresh juices, delicious crisp salads?
mmmm mmmm mmm mmmm

sending lots of love light and harmonies across the ocean to you xXxXx

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: April 27, 2006 03:11PM

yes, just start with 1 raw meal a day!

Take care X

Posted by: DannyMacK ()
Date: April 27, 2006 03:20PM

Hi Jane.

I agree with Rosemary. Absolutely get started no matter how small of a step you take, the important thing is to take it. You will likely be waiting A LONG TIME for motivation to appear if you don't. Take a tiny step and think of it as an invitation to motivation. I KNOW you can do it yawning smiley)

DannyMacK

Date: April 27, 2006 06:12PM

CherryLove,

Oh, how I know what you mean...!!!!!!!! Back in the early '90s I lost 120 lbs. on mostly raw diet (plus exercise) and then I went through a divorce and I was going through so many negative emotions that one morning I woke up and felt guilty about something I ate the day before and I said to myself, "I'm tired of feeling guilty all the time about what I ate that I should not have eaten. I quit. I am not going to do this anymore!"

Then instead of throwing out the guilt and keeping the raw food diet and exercise, I threw the baby out with the bathwater! Over the next number of years I GAINED BACK ALL 120 LBS....!!!!!!

Let me tell you from experience: the longer you go without getting back on the wagon, the harder it is both emotionally and physically. I got to where I was so humiliated and disappointed in myself for having done so well and throwing it all away that I crawled away in defeat and for several years I was tipping the scales at 300 lbs. I have not lost all that weight again YET, but I have lost 50 lbs. of it and I am not going to give up this time! I know it's also harder for me now because I am post-menopausal, but that is not going to stop me at all, because I mean like what CHOICE do I have? Would I rather live a life in physical and emotional MISERY or actually have a life and ENJOY it?! No contest!!

My main advice is: NEVER give up. Even if you fall off the wagon again and again, never, ever, ever give up, because with time and effort and a LOT of JOY you WILL start feeling more and more motivated as you experience the advantages of eating lightly of raw organic foods and taking daily exercise and Sun. Also what helps me IMMENSELY is both reading and writing about raw diet. I have NEVER gained weight while I was immersed in reading about raw diet in books and on the Internet and/or writing and posting about raw diet. It really motivates and excites me a lot. I think the energy of others in the raw food community is contagious and electrifying and wonderful!

P.S. I think David Wolfe is a really good one for motivating. He has really evolved over the years and is coming from a place more and more of HEART as well as energy and always has exciting and inspiring news to share.

Hope that helps!

Date: April 27, 2006 07:15PM

Hi Guys

Yes, this is Sweet Jane from before... tiz me!

Michelle... I loved what you said, and I so relate and sympathize with you. The reason I came back to this board is because I realized that when I was involved in this board before, and reading raw books constantly, I did really well. So, I thought, if I could just get back onto this board... just being around you guys might motivate and influence me, until I wanted to do it again. This board has always been so friendly and positive.

Hi Lisa... thanks for your advice too. I guess I need to acknowledge when I do eat healthy, and not beat myself up when I don't. Right?

Rosemary, I like the idea of just one raw meal a day to start off with. Actually, on most days, I'm raw until I get home at night... I eat fruit in the mornings and salad at lunch... it's dinner with my little boy that's the killer! But I'm going to try to do this more consistently.

DannyMack, you're right... I could wait until the cows come home, and... nothing!

Thanks guys for responding. I'm feeling slightly inspired... now, I'll go look for some of my old raw books and start reading again.

Love and light

Jane

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: April 27, 2006 10:26PM

Sometimes our minds will output certain feelings, and they are feelings that we shouldn't be having. The mind can not actually distinguish right from wrong; use that knowledge to your advantage.

Posted by: cleanjan ()
Date: April 28, 2006 12:03AM

Welcome back, You can do it, one baby step at a time, then, you can leap for joy! I take Zoloft, and have not had problems with weight. I would suggest doing a cleansing fast, like Master Cleanse, to give you a jump start! Good luck, Jan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables