Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw foods communal living in los angeles area
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 09, 2007 03:02PM

Here I am: I have the strong intention to eat %100 raw. I do whatever I can to live chemical free. I don't use cosmetics. I despise consumerism. But I am not ready to get out of the system. I don't know if the alternative of a completely rural existence is what I want right now. I believe it can be possible to stay in L.A. and enjoy the great things it has to offer-- music, art, film, raw restaurants-- while also being within a small community of raw food lifestyles.
Maybe you are feeling like me. You hate that you have to live with random roommates whose lifestyle prevents you from living as well as you would like to. You hate that you have to take a miserable job just to pay the rent at a place where you are not happy anyway. You hate how your beliefs and the way you choose to live can be so isolating.
You think about "getting out" but there are things which keep you here. Being close to family, a commitment to a job, and certain aspects of the material world.
If you live in L.A. and are looking to belong to a community of raw fooders, be it on a ranch, in the mountains, in a small house, let's discuss.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw foods communal living in los angeles area
Posted by: redstar_38 ()
Date: October 10, 2007 01:38AM

Wow.......i am new to this site and new to the l.a. area and was just thinking about making a post similar to yours! is there anyone else out there in the l.a area who would like to get together?

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: October 10, 2007 09:37AM

i am in la and i am always down to make new friends. isn't la fun? i'm not really in la i'm in simi valley, but it's only about 30 miles away. lets all go skating or make art at the beach. =)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 10, 2007 07:00PM

Hi (original poster here).
I'm living in L.A. right now, at a meaningless job, doing my best to live the best I can. What keeps me going with lots of hope is my plan to leave L.A. soon. I am looking into raw foods communities all over the world, some in Hawaii and Spain.
But how cool would it be if we could create one of our own right within the urban landscape? So we wouldn't have the land to grow our own food, but we will rely on the farmers markets.
If you are a true raw fooder, the truer you are to it, the harder it is to get along with the rest. Only other raw fooders can understand you and relate to you. Otherwise you are always explaining yourself to others, or being frustrated by society.

Posted by: noff ()
Date: October 11, 2007 06:05PM

My head and heart is in the same place! I am in Irvine, been here about 2 months, and would love to start a community like this or even just have raw roommates! What an awesome thing that would be..no more coming home to the smell of pizza and gross dishes...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables