Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Foods and College
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 14, 2007 02:43AM

I'm currently a college student and have been raw in the past.

I'm interested in becoming raw vegan again. The only problem is that our campus has VERY limited amounts of produce. There are some local farmers around here, but money is also an issue. I have a small fridge but that's about it.

I plan on moving out in a year, so I'm not sure if I should just wait or what changes can I make now?

Thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Foods and College
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 14, 2007 02:55AM

You can start the transition now. Just incorporate as much fresh fruits and salad into your diet as you can given your budget and refrigerator limitations. The other thing to work on is simplifying your cooked diet as much as possible, eliminating processed foods and eating as many cooked whole foods as you can.

Posted by: datesandfigs ()
Date: October 17, 2007 04:44PM

hey!
what's up? i'm 13 years old and i know it's tough to be raw with school n stuff... i still don't know what kind of things to do to help me

Posted by: veggiel0ve ()
Date: October 17, 2007 04:55PM

i hear yaa i'm in college and eat all raw food. my school is one of the most environmentally friendly colleges in the country and it's still hard. fruit is hard to come by and i find myself flying through my savings. best of luck for you!!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 17, 2007 05:57PM

-There are many things even young people can do:

1) Be willing and available to perform odd jobs for money.....or start your own small business (mowing lawns....replacing hard drives.....walking dogs.....or whatever).

2) Ask your parents to let you keep a small stash of fresh foods....perhaps in a small cooler in your room. You can stock apples, oranges, greens, nuts, etc.)

3) Sprout your own sprouts.

-Remember there are ALWAYS local producers of fresh fruits/vegetables that you can talk to directly. ALWAYS make the little changes you are motivated to do that move you towards YOUR dreams. Don't let your age or lack of money convince you to put EVERYTHING on hold....heh...heh.....

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: veganathlete ()
Date: October 19, 2007 05:04PM

I am also a college student, too...I have just turned raw this semester. I have no fridge and there are no local produce stands around here...there is a small grocery store (20 minute run to get there) but the produce isnt the greatest. I know everyone that works at the cafeteria. Last year I was a vegeterian and they always made sure there was food for me...this year they have a little salad bar and fruit out. THe choices are not ideal and no dark greens. So I try to get a ride from someone to the grocery store a couple times a week and buy some stuff that doesnt really need refridgerated and then like a head of lettuce that I will eat right then. Try talking to your college about offering a fruit and salad bar. Good Luck I know it is difficult with being in college especially with money so tight but it is worth the trouble.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables