Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

is amino acid raw or not?
Posted by: ferdiewen ()
Date: October 15, 2007 08:41PM

I am eating kale salad from wholdfood. one of the ingredients is amino acid. what is this and is it raw?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: is amino acid raw or not?
Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: October 15, 2007 10:56PM

Amino acids are a component of protein. smiling smiley HTH

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: October 16, 2007 01:00AM

I think the label probably refers to a product similar to Bragg's Amino Acids, which is like soy sauce. I can't remember if it's raw though. Btw your Whole Foods carries that kale salad? I'm so jealous. Mine (NYC) used to, but they stopped having it years ago. I even wrote them "comments" notes saying please bring it back - but I never saw it again. I love that kale salad and it's way too complicated to make myself, I looked it up in that Whole Foods 360 cookbook and the length of the ingredients list scared me. I always thought the kale was steamed though?? Maybe it's just marinated. Who knows, who cares, I just want to eat it!

Date: October 16, 2007 03:59AM

I love kale salad but not every wholefood carries it. If I remember right, it has seasame seed, bragg's amino acid, seasame oil and some seedweed. See if you can try to do it.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 16, 2007 04:26AM

If it is Bragg's aminos, this is one condiment that is best avoided. People who are sensitive the MSG will also get headaches from Braggs. The processing of soy in Braggs creates an MSG like substance.

Date: October 16, 2007 06:41PM

that's a good point, I did get some light headache I thought I ate too much. I will avoid amino acid from now on.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: October 17, 2007 03:54AM

. anything with 'ingredients' generally will not be 'raw' unless it is labeled: raw

. even then unless it is refrigerated (and made from fresh ingredients) it probably will not be very vital / and commonly will include 'non-raw' things like braggs or shoyu.

. if someone is still eating cooked foods, and coming off caffeine and donuts or even tofu, I don't think one should be stressing of such things.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables