Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

pie pumpkin or sugur pumpkin
Posted by: mykmyk ()
Date: October 16, 2007 04:52PM

Well it is fall againsmiling smiley So the yummy pie pumpkin is back!!! I am the only crazy raw foodist that loves to eat this yummy fruit? The pumpkin makes feel so good when I eat it!!! I have been chopping it up blending it with banana, pumpkin pie spice, apples and coconut watersmiling smiley It is soooooooooooo good

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: pie pumpkin or sugur pumpkin
Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: October 16, 2007 04:54PM

Anyone have a recipe for a raw pumpkin soup they'd like to share?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 16, 2007 05:04PM

right here.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

pumpkin is the same as squash.

Posted by: diamond dave ()
Date: October 16, 2007 06:34PM

How fortuitous as I was going to ask about what can be done with pumpkins. I assume after removing the insides (my kids find that "yucky"winking smiley I can eat the flesh or put it in smoothies?

Also, what do you do with the seeds? Suppose they too can be blended in a smoothie but what other options are out there for a raw eater? You can't very well bake them in a low temp oven and sprinkle with salt!!!

Thanks,

David

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 16, 2007 10:44PM

you can eat pumkin seeds raw, i suppose you'd have to dry them out at least a bit first. maybe dehydrate them? prolly be quite a bit of work to shell them all individually.

Posted by: rankdurian ()
Date: October 17, 2007 07:27PM

I eat pumpkin and squash seeds raw no drying or dehydrating necessary. I also put them in pumpkin smoothies ... quite delicous. They, and the "guts", are more pumpkin tatsting than pumpkin.

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: October 17, 2007 08:19PM

Would you think conventional pumpkins are okay to eat? I've got one sitting downstairs that I'm dying to dig into! It's driving me insane! Also being a fruit, what does raw pumpkin taste like?

Posted by: diamond dave ()
Date: October 17, 2007 09:30PM

Well, I was going to say chicken but I'll be even more of a smart aleck and say it tastes like pumpkin!

Fuzzy, have you never tasted a pumpkin before?

You young kids today...

smiling smiley

David

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: October 17, 2007 10:36PM

lol!! yes ive had pumpkin before, but never raw, and only in pumpkin pie, so i dont really know what it genuinely tastes like

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables