Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How long does elimination of toxins last?
Posted by: bracken ()
Date: October 16, 2007 07:19PM

I really would appreciate some advice, I have had blood test done that reveal I have sensitivity to yeast, I have been eliminating been brining in more raw this week, & I have been getting spots & blind boils on my chin, which is really getting me down, does anyone know how long this detox signs go on for, & if there is anything else I could do to, to help & speed up the process, & anything I could use on my skin to calm the breakouts. Is there any juice recipies I could do etc.

Cheers Ju

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How long does elimination of toxins last?
Date: October 16, 2007 08:16PM

Here is info on OCM, some people here do this to clear up there face.

The Oil Cleansing Method
First and foremost, this is typically done in the evening, prior to bed. There should be no need for deep cleansing in the morning if you're waking up with skin cleansed the night before. In the morning, a quick wipe with a warm washcloth should suffice. We don't want to overcleanse our skin as this will serve only to irritate and cause more oil production. The objective of using this method is to deep clean while balancing our skins oil production at the same time.
§ You'll need a soft washcloth, your oil blend, and hot, running water.
§ Pour a generous puddle of oil into the palm of your hand. Roughly, the size of a quarter, but more is acceptable. Rub your hands together to warm the oil and smooth over your face.
§ Begin massaging the oil into your face. This will remove makeup, dirt, and other impurities, so there is no need to use a makeup remover or wash your face prior to the massage. I've found that this removes even my stubborn waterproof mascara and concealor.
§ Using slow, firm motions across the skin, massage the oil deeply into your pores. Take your time and focus on your problem areas. You want the oil to work into your pores so that blackheads and the like can be dissolved and steamed away.
§ As you're massaging, let your mind drift off to something calming and breathe deeply. Take this time to relax and release some of the stress that your body is harboring. Sit down, breathe deeply, and take your time. Give the oil enough time to work on dissolving the impurities in your pores and give yourself enough time to unwind. Picture what your face would look like if it were completely clear and free from blemishes. Focus on that image and know that it is attainable. Trust that it is attainable. Accept that it is attainable. You can have clear skin, free of blemishes and you will have clear skin, free of blemishes. Focus on perfect skin and breathe deeply.
§ Once you're satisfied that your pores are saturated and you're feeling calm, pick up your washcloth and soak it in clean, steamy water. We want the water to be warm enough to open your pores and remove the oil. Cool water will not open your pores, nor will it remove the oil efficiently. We're not scalding our skin, we're steaming to coax our pores to release the oil carrying the impurities. We're essentially steaming our skin as an esthetician would, but without the luxury of a steam machine.
§ Hold the washcloth to cover your face. Allow it to stay until it cools. You will feel your pores releasing the impurities. Wipe the oil gently away and rinse the washcloth well in hot, running water. Hold the washcloth to your face again, allowing it to cool. Wipe gently, rinse well, and repeat two or three more times. Avoid any temptation to scrub, as you'll find it's completely unnecessary and your skin will be soft, smooth, and free of flakes without the additional manual exfoliation and irritation that will result. Impurities, dead skin cells, and bacteria will be gently swept away.
§ Have no fear of the oil, as the steamy washcloth will remove it. The Castor Oil, though it is an oil, will help with the removal of the other oils, as well. It is our main cleansing oil and is easily removed with warm water.
§ If your skin feels tight, take a tiny drop of your oil blend, rub it between your clean, damp palms and pat it onto your damp skin. Gently massage any oil residue into your skin so there is no film of oil left sitting on the surface. Your skin should now glow!
This deep cleansing method should be done regularly, but not too frequently. You'll know if you're deep cleansing too frequently by the dryness that your skin will exhibit. Don't be surprised if you find you've unblocked an oil flow for the first few days. Once you remove the plugs from your pores, they will begin functioning properly again. Perfect skin won't happen overnight and while it should take a few massages to achieve your goal, you should notice a huge difference in your skin after the first deep cleansing massage. Give your skin a few days to adjust and adapt to being clean and clear of blockages; understand that the new oil coming from your skin is actually a good sign and will balance out very shortly. You'll find redness and irritation subsiding. You'll find your skin losing that "congested," and thick feeling.
Some suggestions in creating your blend of deep cleansing oil:
§ Oily Skin: Try a blend of 30% Castor Oil to 70% Sunflower Seed Oil.
§ Balanced Skin: Try a blend of 20% Castor Oil to 80% Sunflower Seed Oil.
§ Dry Skin: Try a blend of 10% Castor Oil to 90% Sunflower Seed Oil.

Posted by: jono ()
Date: October 16, 2007 09:44PM

When my acne was bad, I would apply the following to my skin each night:

Mix freshly ground flaxseed (about 2 - 3 tablespoons) with a teaspoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of beet root juice. I just chewed some beet root and spit the juice into the mixture. Then add some water to make a paste. Massage into skin for a few minutes and wash off with warm water. You could even apply a thin layer and leave on over night. This, of course is just a topical approach and does nothing about internal causes.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: October 17, 2007 03:01AM

- Sure,

.you can apply whatever topically that will help aleve discomfort, but ultimately it will be the cessation of intake off ALL external toxins (cooked foods, medications, supplements etc...) that will eventually spurn less need of outlets for their outpouring.

. after that step is made, you probably want to give yourself a generous window to be completely free of physical stuff, but this doesn't mean continuous symptomology.

. prior to that step the focus would be finding the balance between healthful habits and uncomfortable detox.

- If you want less detox - then eat larger denser more complex foods
- if you want to speed things up - eat simpler and lighter..

...but don't expect to speed through all your worries with a juice or mono meal fast. (although these could be useful tools for allowing rest that might eliminate the need for a 'crisis' removal of toxins)

. the other thing to do would be looking at your raw lifestyle and diet...whether it is full of whole fresh foods or complex/mixed/rancid foods, whether you are properly combining foods to avoid build up of more toxins/fermentation etc...also whether you are getting proper rest/sunshine/fresh air/joyful activity.

. just some ideas

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 17, 2007 03:38AM

If your detox is lasting more than a week or two, its probably that your body is not detoxing old stuff, but stuff from your current raw diet. That is, you may be detoxing last night's dinner. If this is the case, you might want to look to simplify your raw diet, perhaps cut down on the fat intake. A good example of a clean diet is the 80-10-10 diet.

Date: October 17, 2007 05:58AM

Cheers for your help all, I will ive suggestions a go, and take a look at the 80-10-10 diet, Thanks again!

Posted by: veggiel0ve ()
Date: October 18, 2007 04:43AM

Bryan that is really interesting... are you saying that if you still have acne and other skin ailments it is still occuring from your current diet?

Date: October 18, 2007 05:00AM

Skin ailments like acne or cysts or boils or rashes, where the body is eliminating toxins out of the body through the skin, should only last a few days or a few weeks. However, if it is chronic, meaning that it never goes away, this is a sign that your lifestyle is too toxic for your body to eliminate the toxins fully.

However, you can heal this without necessarily cleaning up the diet if you get sufficient rest and sleep. If you are normally getting 8 hours of sleep a night, you may need more like 10 to 12 to 16 hours of sleep to effectively clean up your body so that these symptoms disappear. A lot of people have too many stimulants in their diets to sleep this long, even if they are experiencing continuous or chronic detoxification.

Or it could be that removing stress or worry or anxiety out of your life improves your energy level enough that more energy in the body is going to detoxification rather than to the experiencing of strong negative emotions, and thus the body is able to catch up on its detoxification efforts.

Or it may be that exercising more, spending more time outdoors in fresh air and sunshine raises the body's energy level enough that it is able to sufficiently detoxify itself.

However, cleaning up the diet helps a lot. It is much easier to not put the toxins in the body than it is to put them there and to clean them out. One big energy drainer is eating fats. If you eat more fats that you need, the body expends a lot of energy to convert those fats into sugars to eliminate them. For some people, just cutting out excess fat out of the diet is enough to tip the equilibrium of the body such that it can fully cleanse itself.

There are factors that raise your body energy - rest, sleep, poise, love, etc.
There are factors that lower your body's energy - stress, worry, anxiety, self hatred, being sedentary, etc

Cleaning the diet reduces the cleanup burden, so anything you can here helps a lot.

A low fat raw vegan diet is an excellent diet to help heal the body. But you can heal these symptoms on a low fat whole foods cooked vegan diet also. Or a low fat whole foods vegetarian or a low fat whole foods SAD diet, assuming your toxin intake was low enough that your body could fully detoxify itself with each nights sleep. For people on a SAD diet, one could achieve this with significant calorie reduction.

Date: October 18, 2007 05:04AM

By the way, toxins can be eaten, or consumed as medication or recreational drugs, be put onto your skin via personal hygiene products, or breathed through the air. Diet of course is usually the biggest factor, as people eat 3 times a day, every day, and many of the foods in the SAD diet contain massive amounts of carcinogens and other poisons.

Posted by: veggiel0ve ()
Date: October 18, 2007 05:54AM

thanks for that. Yah, I have been switched to a very low fat raw food for a couple weeks now and still have acne. I am sure it has to do more with stress/ college life. Thank you for that. I think it is a good idea for me to start mono eating more. I believe I still tend to overeat and I'm thinking that might be a factor to it as well. I will also try to get some more exercise and yoga into my daily lifestyle. blessings.

Date: October 18, 2007 06:50AM

I have been very stressed lately, & worried anxious, I don't have much time to rest, I am starting to get my little Jewellery business up & running at mo. Plus I am a Avon lady too, my hubby does help me with that. Worries & arguing about money with hubby, father in law been very ill, been cooking cleaning for him,been up & down hospital for him. I do tend to easly get depressed. I love getting out & about in the fresh air, with nature thats when I feel my best, but having time to do it is another factor, plus winter setting in here cold rainy dark(depressing) I feel my best in the summer & my skin is clearer too.
I am in too minds at the moment the way thing are going with my hubby, I don't feel love off him I don't feel he really cares, all his main concern is money( lack of). Even last night had arguement at 1.00am with him. I know it is not in my nature to be like this, I have wiccan beleifs & adore nature, I seem to be caught in a spiral of unhealthy routine, arguing, and just feeling misserable.

Sorry to have gone off on one

Cheers Ju

Date: October 18, 2007 05:02PM

hmm

maybe what you want is less physical/emotional detox

try just keeping in the raw foods you love

eat denser foods to slow down detox...if you find the low fat thing to be a good idea...but the practice of just light fruits and veg too be too physically/emotionally cleansing...then stick with low fat cooked starches and non-gluten grains...(since it sounds like you are eating a large amount of cooked anyway)

just focus on removing the un-healthful habits, and treating yourself to all that you care for of the good stuff (or the comparitively good stuff)

one foot in front of the other.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: October 18, 2007 07:45PM

Your lysozomes can't break down everything. Some toxins are merely sequestered in the cells. Over time this junk accumulates and takes up more and more space in the cytosol, lessening the available space and increasing the time for the necessary chemical reactions of life.

Calorie restiction, glycotoxin restriction (raw food diet), and methionine restriction are a 3-pronged effort to mimimize future damage. Also avoidance of carcinogens and mutagens. But don't cry about what can't be undone.

Date: October 19, 2007 02:42AM

why. everything can be undone

it is who we are

are we mutagens not men?

-haiku

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables