Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Staying Warm in Winter
Posted by: selenes512 ()
Date: October 17, 2007 11:08PM

I recently moved, and this will be my first raw winter in a cold climate. After telling some people about my raw foodism, everybody is telling me that I am going to be too cold this winter. What do they mean by this? What is it exactly that they think is going to keep me from staying as warm as they do? Has anybody had any problems regulating thier body temp?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Staying Warm in Winter
Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: October 17, 2007 11:10PM

People seem to think that hot food, soups and such, help keep you warm in the winter.

I started raw in the winter. It really didn't affect me too much. I just dressed warmly and exercised. Both of these things kept me quite warm when needed. smiling smiley

Hope this helps.

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 17, 2007 11:34PM

this just came up yesterday, a couple of posts there.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

i know this board moves fast and there is a lot of info here but sometimes scrolling through the first three pages or so reveals some jems. it's worth a look, you miss a lot if you don't take a peak.

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 18, 2007 04:12AM

Actually, after eating high raw for a long time I find I get chilled less easily. I think it's because my thyroid is working more efficiently.

This is an excerpt from this website [findarticles.com]:

As spring opens up the Northern hemisphere to a variety of outdoor activities, many people flock to nature. However unlike our ancestors, who developed rapid physiological adaptations to outdoor activity and temperature changes through adjustments in basal metabolic rate, circulation and thyroid production, we have largely lost this ability since we have turned so fully to culture to protect us. Further, many modern humans have developed health conditions such as hypothyroidism and circulatory problems that make participation in outdoor activities difficult even with the technologies of culture.

Posted by: uma ()
Date: October 19, 2007 03:55AM

One helpful trick I figured out was to not eat foods straight out of the fridge! If I know what my next meal is hours ahead of time and it happens to be in the friggy, I'll take it out and let it warm up to room temp. Eating food straight from the fridge, especially if it's high in water, can really lower the body temperature, making you cold and creating extra work for the body to do by warming you back up.

Love,
Uma

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables