Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Too much water
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 30, 2006 02:22PM

I am wondering if anyone can tell me - is it medically possible to drink too much water? Being new to raw, 46 years cooked, my water intake has increased 3-4 times (100-120oz)...

Thanks for all your shaing and knowledge. We just love this site.

His servant

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Too much water
Posted by: cleanjan ()
Date: April 30, 2006 05:24PM

Hi; I read recently, one should drink at least half their wgt in oz. of water a day. For me that would be @65 oz. a day/> 1/2 gallon. That seems about right. Jan

Posted by: reuben ()
Date: April 30, 2006 06:33PM

it is posible but i think it'd take someone with a mental problem to do it. (i think i heard of one person drinking themselves to death on water, but it was a mental problem) a gallon a day for an average size person isn't too much. there is the issue of minerals, like distilled water being a diluter of them, but adding a little wet salt or salt lake water will take care of that. and the usual mineral water is unbalanced with minerals, or has the wrong kind, and causes it's own problems in time. Our spring water is 18 grain hardness with calcium carbonate, which makes good plant food but live bodies need the plant processed calcium.

I can share this.....
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: April 30, 2006 07:18PM

I always drank a lot of water because "they" said to do so. If I'm honest, I would have to say that I felt kind of "bleached" in my body. hard to describe exactly - as if I were being diluted and kind of washed away. But I kep doing it because "they" said so. There were times I didn't do it for long periods at a time. But two weeks ago when I started, thank you Marcos, adding Celtic Salt and 80 oz of water over the day (see www.watercure, and www.watercure2.com) - it really did change. Somehow the water is being of real benefit to my body. I can feel it. I can tell. My skin is changing. I'm losing weight. My eyes are clearer....and this is after 7 years of experimenting with various permutations of raw. So that's my water story.

Best of luck in your new rawventure,

Piano Gal

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 30, 2006 09:51PM

Thank you all, Jan, reuben and Piano Gal, for your input, I reall appreciate it. I am going to look into this salt thing as it seems to be a reacurring theme in some of these posts.

Thanks again all of you

Posted by: tiffany martinez ()
Date: January 01, 2007 04:19AM

my friend beth who is a vegan and active duty army participated in a water consumption study back in 1996 done by the US ARMY at Fort Benning GA....

I don't know the name of hte study etc... but if you did the research on google or dogpile i think you could find the study...

well, what she told me ( oh yes, i know... second hand info) was that there were people who got VERY sick because the water thined their blood and did not allow the oxygen to attach itself to the ... well... whatever... id on't know the real terminology... but she said that being OVER hydrated had conseqeunces...... and i'm SURE you can find the study online

tiffn twins

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: January 01, 2007 12:28PM

I never paid attention to my water intake, I just drank (distilled) water when I was thirsty.

Posted by: trinity082482 ()
Date: January 02, 2007 01:19AM

I hear 8 is too many if your not an active person, try aiming for 5-6 and you will be just fine!

I use to drink 1 cup every 4-5 days.. not good at all. I drink twice a day now so its a slow improvement

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: January 02, 2007 02:26PM

Generally it is difficult to drink too much water unless you are forcing it down willingly and drown yourself.

There is a condition called Water Toxaemia but it is generally only bought on by things like participating in long endurance sports or being exposed to a hot environment for a long period of time and then drinking an overabundance of water too quicky, because your body loses large amounts of its salt and electrolytes through heavy perspiration.

Personally I have found that I need to drink less water the more raw my diet has become.
When you cook food you evaporate the water out of it so you need to drink more water on a cooked diet to replace it, this could also explain why people feel hungry when they are actually thirsty.

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: January 02, 2007 03:49PM

the israeli army won a war by drinking 1 litre of water per hour in the sweltering heat of the sinai. the egyptians perished ao their ration of 1 litre of water per day.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables