Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Calling Brian!
Posted by: bracken ()
Date: October 19, 2007 05:55AM

You asked what I ate as typical diet I wrote it on Acid foods question, need alot of help, cystitis getting worse, passing blood have to start antibiotics today, really don't want too. Had migrane last night, broke out in sweat.

Any advice is well appreciated! Ju

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Calling Brian!
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 19, 2007 06:31AM

If it were me, I would water fast. I have a older male friend who had chronic prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate), and he water fasted and in a few days his prostate inflammation was low enough he was able to urinate with no restriction from inflammation. I have woman friend who had an inflammation in her gums about the size of a pea, and water fasting for 18 days healed the inflammation. During her fast her gums were draining nasty fluids into her mouth which made her nauseous, but afterwards her teeth were much stronger and the inflammation was gone.

However, taking a water fast is a huge commitment. It means staying in bed, doing nothing, and removing all sources of stress and worry. Under these conditions, your inflammation will heal.

But your husband may not be into this, and may think you are crazy, and not be supportive and will make you so fearful that all kinds of bad things could happen. One cannot do a water fast when living in a stressful situation without the support of people who know what they are doing.

In the medium term, after this inflammation goes away, you need to look at creating a non stressful situation in your home life where you are not always working so hard and not getting enough rest and sleep. Without this condition of health, your health will never improve.

Are there people in your community that could supervise you during a water fast, people that you could provide some exchange for them to support you while you are vulnerable? Perhaps you could do a search on the Internet for fasting retreats or centers in your community.

If fasting is out of the question, then reducing your food intake to reduce the digestive load on your body will help. But the resting and sleeping is paramount, without getting the physical rest and relaxation, its going to be difficult to heal. Another fasting alternative would be to clean up your diet of processed foods, and replace them with only fresh produce - fresh fruits and vegetables. But again, getting extra rest and sleep and peace is paramount to healing.

Another medium term issue are your food choices. I would remove soy out of your diet, as it is always cooked, and there are enough things known about it to warrant leaving it out of your diet. Also replace all the oils with whole food raw fats - avocados, nuts, seeds. As much as possible, remove the processed foods like the puff buckwheat, lecithin, maca root, rye/rice crackers. Don't eat starches that have been baked or fried, but instead eat starches that have been steamed.

I hope this helps. The most important thing is to get more rest and sleep. Don't work until your symptoms are gone. Don't engage in stressful situations until the symptoms are gone. Don't eat a lot of food until the symptoms are gone.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to ask more questions.

Date: October 19, 2007 06:42AM

By the way, while a water fast will make the symptoms disappear, only permanent lifestyle changes will keep those symptoms away. If you return to your old lifestyle after a water fast, the symptoms will all come back. This means examining the things in your life that drain your energy, and increasing the things in your life that give you energy. And here I don't mean stimulants, though they appear to give you energy, they are a net energy loss. It takes more energy for your body to remove the poisons of a stimulant than the energy you feel after having taken one. The best way to gain energy is to get plenty of rest and sleep.

One other thing I failed to mention. The experiencing of strong negative emotions takes a lot of energy. While you have symptoms, as much as possible avoid the experiencing of strong negative emotions, and see if you can instead experience positive emotions like love and gratefulness. Which emotions you choose to experience is a choice, and whether you choose the emotions that support and benefit you versus the emotions that take away your energy and power is totally up to you.

Date: October 19, 2007 06:42AM

Thankyou so much Bryan for your quick reply & help, unfortunatly I'll have to give the water fast a miss, I have no one else to support me through that one.
I will take on board about cutting them foods, eating more fresh lighter, & resting, I have not had enough sleep in a long time I think. One good thing is my skin is begining to clear up!
I hope you don't mind me asking what you do for a living? you sound to relax and happy with life, thats the way I wish to be!

Posted by: Alkalarian ()
Date: October 19, 2007 06:47AM

Hi Bracken,

did you try raw, green and alkaline food, along with plenty of alkaline water?

It is a reliable way of regenerating the entire body cell system...

Regards, Mel

Alkaline Food / Green Food Chart With pH Scale

Date: October 19, 2007 06:58AM

I am currently studying yoga. I have done some substitute yoga teaching, but right now teaching yoga is not my focus, but rather working on healing the effects of what my first 44 years of life did to my body. From the time I was 22 to 44, I wrote computer software. That job was often more than 60 hours of work a week, sometimes over 70/80 hours of work a week. One day I went to work and didn't leave until I had been there for 40 hours! And during that time I drank a lot of coffee to keep myself going. At some point, I injured my shoulder and this led me to yoga. And from yoga via the people I met there I found raw foods.

After going to raw foods and having the brain fog disappeared, I realized that I didn't want to be in the corporate world, even though it was very lucrative. It is from my 22 years of hard work that I have enough savings to devote my time to yoga without having to worry about finances.

Nowadays I also do some light construction. Helping with the building of houses, decks, and sheds, as well as doing some landscaping and gardening. I spend a lot of time outdoors compared to my old life. Today I worked outside even though it was raining hard the entire time, with mud covering all my rain gear, working on building a wood shed to store and season firewood. It was like being a kid again. Yum!

Date: October 19, 2007 11:35AM

Your life now sounds so much fulfilling, & working out doors. Because I make jewellery,(which I really enjoy) most of my time is spent indoors, I do feel my very best when i'm out on the moors where theres lots of trees, I really need to think how to change my life in a big way, starting with my diet, envionment, etc. Thankyou so much for your help!

Hi mel drink 2litres water a day have for years, never tap water I probably could do with bring in some more green leafy foods, any suggestions of juices I could have in morning, instead of carrots, celery, ginger?

Thankyou Ju

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables