Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

fruits question
Posted by: ddreams76 ()
Date: October 20, 2007 02:30AM

hello everyone. I have a question about fruit. which fruits, in your opinions, are the best ones to consume? and which are considered the least sweet/sugary? and is it ok to consume fruit throughout the day? I know there are different views on that question but I would love to hear your opinions.

thanks a bunch

donna

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fruits question
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 20, 2007 02:54AM

Opinion: All of these items certainly depend on the fruit....your current goals....and any over-riding medical conditions you might have. Many fruits are a little more cleansing.......sometimes a little too much so....for those who are just starting to transition from a relatively poor diet.

-The best fruits for early transition might be heavier fruits such as avocado. In my own experience....the type of sugars vary from fruit type to fruit type. Obviously the least sweet/non-sweet types would be your vegetable fruits: Tomato...pepper...cucumber...etc. Of the sweet fruits, definitions of what is less sweet may vary. Bananas are very mild for some...while others can't stand them. Berries work well for many. Few turn their nose up at a good watermelon. Although I'm sure some one will post some great links for the glycemic index of many fruits......I think this is information you can garner for yourself fairly readily by examining your own level of fruit intake. Are you comfortable NOW? Do certain fruits make you giddy or spacey? Do certain fruits clean you out a little too fast? You may need to experiment.

-In any event, soft fruit tends to digest faster than other items like nuts and root vegetables. Therefore it is best to eat fruits first - to give them a chance to digest. Just my opinion.

-Best fruits...hmmm....my favorite are watermelon, canteloupe, avocado, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, papaya, pineapple. Is it ok to consume fruit throughout the day? If it sits well with you - sure!

-There are only different opinions.....and confusion....if you think there is ONE way for everyone to eat! LOL.

-What do YOU think?

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: ddreams76 ()
Date: October 20, 2007 04:08AM

thanks david for your response to both my posts. The fruit topic is confusing to me. the first couple days that i ate an abundance of fruit, i felt lethargic. but now i feel much better and am still eating an abundance of fruit. but i worry that it will prevent me from losing weight. i mostly eat strawberries, rasberries, cantaloupe, watermelon, cranberries, peaches, and apples. and cucumbers and tomatoes.

the other thing, on a more embarrassing note, ever since i started mostly eating fruit, i havent been having great bowel movements. either very weak, or none at all. and i find that odd. any thoughts on that one?

as for my current goals..they are to feel healthy, heal internally, and lose 10 pounds. and im afraid eating all day on fruit wont help me reach my goals. sad smiley but i get bored from greens.

d

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 20, 2007 04:54AM

ddreams, here is a link to another thread with an article on how to relieve constipation naturally that I thought might be of interest [www.rawfoodsupport.com].

Personally, I cannot eat too many sweet fruits but I have Type 1 Diabetes. Bananas & apples are okay. Green smoothies with fruit in them are good. And the non-sweet fruits that we tend to classify as veggies are great for me.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 15, 2007 05:08AM

Basic fruit rules: Eat melon alone, 20-30 min. before or after other fruit. Don't mix too many fruits at once.

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: November 15, 2007 02:28PM

Also, fruit in season should be preferred first.

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: November 16, 2007 06:40AM

ddreams76 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hello everyone. I have a question about fruit.
> which fruits, in your opinions, are the best ones
> to consume?

BLUEBERRIES
[www.atlanticblueberry.com]

> and which are considered the least
> sweet/sugary?

Most of them are rather low in sugar, at least the only ones that I limit because I think they are too sugary are raisins or grapes. I can even eat handfulls of dates with little effect.

> and is it ok to consume fruit
> throughout the day?

You bet!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: November 16, 2007 07:04PM

Of course everyone's different, but I like ALL fruits, all day long: sweet, nonsweet (like cucumbers, tomatoes), high glycemic (like watermelon), low glycemic, red, yellow, blue, green, orange, purple, pink. smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2007 07:13PM by suncloud.

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: November 16, 2007 08:00PM

ddreams76 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thanks david for your response to both my posts.
> The fruit topic is confusing to me. the first
> couple days that i ate an abundance of fruit, i
> felt lethargic. but now i feel much better and am
> still eating an abundance of fruit. but i worry
> that it will prevent me from losing weight. i
> mostly eat strawberries, rasberries, cantaloupe,
> watermelon, cranberries, peaches, and apples. and
> cucumbers and tomatoes.
>
> the other thing, on a more embarrassing note, ever
> since i started mostly eating fruit, i havent been
> having great bowel movements. either very weak, or
> none at all. and i find that odd. any thoughts
> on that one?
>
> as for my current goals..they are to feel healthy,
> heal internally, and lose 10 pounds. and im
> afraid eating all day on fruit wont help me reach
> my goals. sad smiley but i get bored from greens.
>
> d

Dont worry, if youre eating all raw, youll lose weight. If youre not very familiar with detox, you should read up. Fruit is more cleansing than vegies and you could be going into detox. That is maybee why you feel lethargic. When ever I go raw (Ive done it quite a few times now, haha), I dont have normal bowel movements for a day or two. Then its all good.

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: November 16, 2007 08:17PM

I eat fruit all day long, all kinds.

before bed I eat a head of romaine or a whole bunch of celery--then a couple apples first thing in the morning, this keeps my BMs quite regular.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables