Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

green smoothie
Posted by: ddreams76 ()
Date: October 20, 2007 11:19AM

i was wondering if anyone had a good combo for a green/fruit smoothie. i have tried with little success for taste. and i would like to add greens to my fruit smoothies to get more greens in my diet. anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

d

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: green smoothie
Date: October 20, 2007 02:18PM

Add your favorite fruit and any green; celery, spinach, kale, collard greens, etc.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: October 20, 2007 02:53PM

I like strawberrie and spinach that combo is real flavorful

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 20, 2007 08:11PM

I hear some say to separate the fruit from the vegetable for better digestion, but I still say it should be easier to process than junk by any wild stretch.

Posted by: klandestine ()
Date: October 20, 2007 09:54PM

For me greens digest really well with anything.

My favorite green smoothie:

1 small banana, 5 strawberries, 1 kiwi, the juice of 1 orange and a very large handful of spinach.

I whirr this up in the blender and eat it from a bowl with a spoon. I love chomping on the strawberry seeds.

Posted by: Jose ()
Date: October 21, 2007 11:07AM

I like oranges, spinach, lettuce all blended together.

No need to add extra water, just put the oranges in first, blend, then spinach and lettuce. Yum!

Cheers,
J

Posted by: shane ()
Date: October 21, 2007 11:24AM

Make a fruit smoothie that you love, then slowly over time begin to add greens leaf by leaf. A small, slow transition worked well for me. Now I love the taste of greens so much I don't add much fruit. Use young coconut water and meat, too. It's worth the extra hassle.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 21, 2007 03:00PM

My favorite is:

1 banana
1 handful strawberries
1 lg handful spinach

I now add 1 tbs freshly ground flax seed. I drink this almost every day, varying the strawberries with frozen blueberries or raspberries.

Posted by: ColoradoGal ()
Date: October 21, 2007 06:52PM

Chard (without the white stem), banana, mango, and pineapple. MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm. I also like different combinations using either mixed baby greens, spinich and, for the tough guy, kale with whatever fruit is on hand (apples, banana, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, etc).

I start with greens and add fruit a little at a time until its delicious. Sometimes more fruit and sometimes less, it depends on my mood and taste buds that day.

I am not much of a green kinda girl. I have to hide my wheatgrass just to get it down. If I even smell it I resist. Greens do amazing things for the body and you just can't get enough eating raw. It made things sooooo much easier.

Give it a try,
Gina

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables