Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

black lines under fingernails
Date: October 20, 2007 03:37PM

I've noticed recently that my thumb and ring finger have a speck of black underneath my finger nail. It kind of looks like a tiny splinter.

Am I wrong to think that I'm not getting the right sort of vitamins in food I'm not eating?

Is it because of what I'm eating or not eating?

If so, can you tell me if it's normal or what I can do or eat to make it go away.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: black lines under fingernails
Posted by: ddreams76 ()
Date: October 21, 2007 12:34AM

hello. they sound like splinter hemorraghes. here is some info on them...

"Splinter hemorraghes can be a sign of heart problems, but generally are a different thing all together. They are mostly caused by tiny voids in the nail plate cell production. They fill up with blood from the nail bed and appear as tiny black lines that look much like you have a splinter under your nail. Your nail plate will ride forward on the nail bed much like a train rides forward on its tracks. The rails are on the nail bed, and the grooves are on the underside of the nail plate. The voids are usually on the underside of the nail plate which allows them to fill with blood from the nail bed. They usualy are nothing to worry about unless there is a history of heart problems in your family. If so, then I would have a stress test perfromed if your doctor believes it to be warranted."

you can also visit this site for a brief description.

[health.allrefer.com]

Re: black lines under fingernails
Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: October 21, 2007 05:31PM

interesting, ddreams. i never heard of such a thing. thanks for posting. great link!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables