Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

in need of insights regarding dr. b's watercure
Posted by: deeds ()
Date: May 01, 2006 03:32PM

i embarked on a watercure adventure just 2 days ago and am on day 3 today.

i've been sipping the required amount water with added light grey celtic sea salt throughout the day.

i seem to be having a problem that's causing me a wee bit of anxiety, though, and was wondering if anyone who's aquainted with dr. b's teachings could help me...

since yesterday my lungs have felt heavier, like they're under pressure, and i lose my breath much more easily. i also get quite a lot of mucus and feel very wet in my throat.

what worries me is that i might be collecting water in my lungs, since i stumbled upon the following warning:

"WARNING! You must learn how to start drinking water in a way that you do not collect water in your lungs-- particularly if you have been dehydrated for some time, or if you are on medications-- and eventually wish to get off medications."

[www.watercure.com]

i am not on any medications and was drinking plenty of unsalted water prior to this experiment.

my question is: how do you drink water "correctly"? i don't seem to be able to find any information on this, only this slightly disturbing warning. don't really wanna drown myself, you see.

ta / deeds xxx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: in need of insights regarding dr. b's watercure
Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: May 01, 2006 05:00PM

Deeds,

Exactly how much water are you drinking throughout the day? How much sea salt are you adding to the water? Are you making regular trips to the bathroom? Ideally, you want to drink half your weight in ounces. I weigh 160 and drink 80 ounces of water, or more, daily. However, I didn't start drinking 80 ounces right off. You have to condition your body to accept it. You've been dehydrating yourself, probably for a lifetime, and you have to tell your body how to use the new water. Have you been to watercure2.com? There is lots of useful info. Also, feel free to email. I have been drinking water the Batman way for two years with no ill effects.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: May 01, 2006 06:05PM

hey marcos,

i weigh somewhere around 123 and have been drinking around 70-85 ounces of water slowly throughout the day. i've been adding between 1/2 and 3/4 of a teaspoon of celtic sea salt in all. i pee regularly and am getting that light lemon aid colour, which i read should be a good sign (before it was colourless).

maybe i should try slowing down a bit then, if i'm "over-watering" my body. i was always a heavy (water-)drinker, though, so it's not like i'm forcing my self to drink the above amount. it feels very good and natural. i also really like the way the salted water feels and tastes in my mouth.

have been thinking that i might be coming down with a case of pneumonia, so i am going to go to doctor to get my lungs checked. she would be able to listen for any water in there too.

thanks for your response,

xxx deeds

Date: May 01, 2006 08:55PM

Yes, sounds like a good idea. Let us know how you're doing. Also, you only want to add 1/4 tsp to every 32 ounces or so. If you're drinking 64 ounces that would equal 1/2 teaspoon total. Beyond that, sounds like you're drinking correctly. Some people fall into a "I gotta gulp" to get all this water in me. I simply walk out of my home in the morning with my 40 ounce klean kanteen and drink from it throughout the day. When I get home I refill it. Also, I start my morning by drinking approximately 10-12 ounces of water with sole. I don't know how to explain sole and all the benefits so if you're interested go to [americanbluegreen.com]. You can read all about the wonderful benefits of himalayan sole and how it's helping people get healthier.

Take care,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: Jose ()
Date: May 02, 2006 10:42AM

Oh deedsie, sorry to hear about the water in the lungs and pneumonia sad smiley

Maybe try drinking a little less water? mmm.... hope everything checks out ok.

Get well soooooooooon smiling smiley

Cheers,
Jxox

Date: May 02, 2006 09:32PM

well well, here's the odd thing: i've felt really good since i woke up this morning and my lungs are back to their full capacity. when i breathe deep there's no rattling noices any more.

i'm thinking, perhaps the salty water started a little lung detox? i read on one of the watercure sites that dehydrated lungs will contain a lot of mucus and dispel of it as they get rehydrated and able to properly cleanse themselves.

phew, i was feeling a bit worried for a minute there... and yet i didn't stop drinking the salted water because it just felt like the right thing to do. so i guess that means that my intuition is alright after all.

thanks for the kind responses, they've really cheered me up, even if i felt absolutely fabulous reading them smiling smiley

how cool that this should turn into being a neat little tale of watercure wonderfulness!!

that's what i call quick results!

xxx deeds

Date: May 03, 2006 12:07AM

Deeds,

Yes, how neat it would be if you started to dispel a lot of mucus from the lungs. Of course, this just proves what I've been saying, and a few other raw foodists, all along. Simply put, raw foodists can not get all of the water their bodies require from just eating fruits and vegetables. The ratio of water in the body to water in the foods that we eat simply don't match. We therefore leave ourselves more dehydrated on a raw foods diet. The three part interview that Dr. Batman did with Tony Robbins is incredible. Tony Robbins was already a raw foodist at the time of that interview yet he knew that Dr. Batman was on to something. I suspect you realize the same thing that I did. Water is the substance of life. It helps us to function, to heal and, more importantly, to live. We need it. So did the people in Dune. It is the spice of life. I hope this new journey you're on brings you continued blessings of good health and longevity.

Peace,

Marcos

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 06, 2006 05:37PM

I came here by way of a recording I downloaded from watercure2.com that incited me to do research on enzymes and raw foods.

In reading through the articles on this site I came across a blurb stating raw foodists get all the water they need from the food alone.

Having applied the watercure(w/salt!!) to control my allergies, I've experienced great relief and will not dismiss the power it's exhibited.

Yet, I do see the logic in raw foods and began a raw food diet, as of yesterday. I'll still drink my allotting of water w/sea salt supplementation as I see no reason not to and plenty of reason to do so.

rawmark, where can I watch this video of Dr. Batman and Robbins? I'd love to see it!

Date: May 06, 2006 09:21PM

Elliotm,

I wish it was a video but it's a three part audio that you can download. The url is here: [watercure.com]. At the bottom of the page you will see a link to download the interview. You can download the three part interview separately, or all together. Combined, it's a 25 mb download. Also, on [watercure2.com] there are some great audio and video files from WYOU, Paul Harvey, and a Fox News Report that is worth watching/listening to.

Peace,

Marcos

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: May 07, 2006 03:52PM

Here's my "insight". The Dr. B. watercure is probably highly indicated for people who have plenty of meat- and other animal product-eating in their recent past. I suspect perhaps that someone who has been eating a mainly vegan and/or raw food diet would have less need for such a high water consumption. I agree with those who say that maybe, just maybe, some rawfooders get all the water they need from foods and, I would add, vegetable juices.

Let us keep in mind that Dr. B. got pneumonia and died of it, in spite of his claims for his watecure and his medical knowledge. How could he let this happen? Does anyone here have any opinions on this? It is like Michio Kushi, of macrobiotic fame and his wife: they both wrote several books on preventing and curing of cancer and they both got you-know-what.

All grist for the mill.

Date: May 07, 2006 09:03PM

my take on it: dry and heavy foods dry you out, regardless of them being raw vegan or not. if you're a living foods enthusiast who loves nuts, salad leafs and vegetables, then i'd say that you'd probably need to drink more water than someone who's eating habits revolve around fruit to help all the fiber pass through your system smoothly.

regardless of how dr batmanghelidj met his death, i still think his teachings make perfect sense:

your cells need water to do their job, therefore, drink it.

water needs to stick around in the body for a while, so your cells have time to absorb what they need, therefore, add a pinch of natural high-quality salt.

the salt will bind the water, thus preventing it from running straight through you (and washing out all the great vitamins, sugars and minerals you've consumed).

ta-da!!

and nothing quenches my thirst like pure water. no, not even green juice.

i was talking to a guy from work today who used to be a cyclist-parcel-delivery-guy-thingy - a physically very demanding job. he said that in the summer a lot of his colleagues would pass out like flies from dehydration, even the ones who were drinking loads of water. he never experienced any problems, but then, he was also adding a teaspoon of salt and a table spoon of sugar to every liter of water he consumed. never mind the sugar, i'd rather have a pear or a mango or something. but what that tells me is that salt is obviously essential for the body too.

also, about pneumonia.

my interpretation of the watercure is that it's a powerful way to work with disease prevention. pneumonia is an infection, and as far as i know, you cannot take any preventative measures against infections (i could be wrong here, so please correct me if i am). i do think, however, that it's possible to take measures with diseases that develop inside your body independently of any outside stimuli (vira or bacteria), like cancer and heart/blood problems. these are degenerative deseases which aren't "caught", but take a long time developing inside you. it makes sense to me that keeping a well-hydrated body is a vital key to maintaining all of its functions. so is sensible eating patterns. but to me water comes first. if faced with an ultimatum, i'd rather drink water than eat. i couldn't imagine my life without it.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: May 07, 2006 09:39PM

I like your post, Deeds and think you are on the button, mostly. I was astonished that you thought there was nothing anyone could do to prevent infections. And I welcome your open-ness to other opinions.

Many, many persons knowledgable in the field of alternative/natural health view infectious illnesses, major & minor, as your body trying to clean house. It is their thinking (and mine) that viruses and bacteria are not attracted to a clean "house" (your body). That is not to say we should be obsessed with "cleansing" because such activity can produce deficiencies.

There is much good writing on the connection between internal im-balance and "germs" looking for a place to set up house. The symptoms of whatever infection you are talking about are your body's attempt to maintain balance. If you are just too weakened then the bacteria take over permanently, if you get my drift.

Date: May 11, 2006 04:16PM

hey horsea

i have heard of the natural hygeinist philosophy

the reason i'm still sceptical is that a lot of super healthy people still seem to be susceptible to infections like pneumonia

Posted by: wallace ()
Date: June 30, 2010 02:11PM

I thought I would bump up this thread as it was here I read that contrary to Dr B you should actually add the salt a third of a teaspoon of quality salt to a quart of water.

I have started doing this and it feels right to me.

As mentioned on the water thread I am following the advice of people like Robert O Young and drinking as much water as possible, rather than limiting myself to 2 quarts daily. Also I am drinking pure water.

Gabriel cousens also in Spiritual Nutrition mentions akalising water by adding quality salt to it.

You are what you drink!

W

Posted by: rab ()
Date: June 30, 2010 04:54PM

Where do monkeys get their salt from?

Posted by: Nubster ()
Date: June 30, 2010 05:45PM

elliotm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

In reading through the articles on this site I
came across a blurb stating raw foodists get all
the water they need from the food alone.

Just prior to starting into raw food I was drinking a lot of water everyday. I would have to pee numerous times a day and almost like clockwork I was up at around 4:30-5:00 am to go to the bathroom. Annoying but a good thing as I knew I was well hydrated and the urine was always clear. I started eating mostly raw and then I also saw were some people were saying that you could get all your hydration needs from just eating the raw foods. I cut my water intake back just to see. For the few days I did this I only urinated a few times a day, stopped waking up at night to go to the bathroom, and the color of the urine was a dark yellow color. So for me at least cutting back on the water is not good and there is no way I could get by with no water. Not sure how much water I do take in on a daily basis but I think it is enough. I used to carry around a gallon jug of water with me when I used to lift weights and every day I would finish it off by the time I went to bed.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 30, 2010 09:04PM

rab Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where do monkeys get their salt from?

Rab i think they abosorb it while their hot-tubbing grinning smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: June 30, 2010 11:56PM

Jodi...hahahahhahaa...that is awesome,lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables