Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

stressed on raw
Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: October 21, 2007 03:35PM

one thing i noticed is that i'm far more stressed on raw, and worried. just had 2 tiny sushi rolls offered out, and feeling pleasantly numb!

also my other concern is that i'm only sleeping 5-6 hours, but am not bubbling with energy. i'm finding it hard to take a nap...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: stressed on raw
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 21, 2007 04:06PM

rosemary,

Could you give me an example of what your daily menu looks like. Please be thorough, including the amounts you eat and the spice, condiments, and herbs you use in your foods. It may be that foods in your diet are stimulating your too much for your body to get adequate rest.

It also could be that there is a part of you that is uncertain about the diet, or is thinking that you are not getting enough nutrition or could die because you are not eating cooked foods. Are you feeling any of these kinds of thoughts?

It also could be that you are detoxing various stimulants out of your body from your pre-raw life, but this should only last a week or so.

Date: October 23, 2007 01:30PM

thankyou. yes it could be all of the above! i will keep a detailed journal and post it.
I had a nap today and felt better afterwards.

Main ongoing problems are:

worrying
stress
spacey
unmotivated
tired

Date: October 28, 2007 03:12PM

Bryan, I have just been diagnosed with a severe vitamin D deficiency, so could be the reason I'm not feeling so great.

Plus my diagnosis has changed from underactive to overactive thyroid. I don't believe anything the Endocrinoligist says anymore, actually never did!

I'll go to an alternative endo soon, but don't feel like taking any medications, even natural ones, right now. I'm hoping my body will normalise when my vitamin D levels do!

Thanks

Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: October 28, 2007 05:13PM

I'm deficient in a lot of things, but I am also severely vitamin D deficient. I live in New England and there isn't a lot of sun here at all, especially in the winter. Help on dietary suggestions? I don't eat fats...

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 28, 2007 06:38PM

For vitamin D, you need to spend some time in the sun to absorb the sunlight. The worrying and the stress needs to be dealt with, as these will contribute to becoming even more unhealthy. Check out my article called Success on the raw foods diet for an explanation of the challenges that many face when first going raw.

If you are feeling tired and unmotivated, this may be your body telling you to get more rest and sleep. Perhaps even your body is asking for a water fast, if you feel your appetite is lacking. It could also be that with the raw foods, you are more in touch with your body and emotions than you were before, and now you are just really feeling what has always been going on in your body.

Posted by: jorgeben ()
Date: October 28, 2007 09:28PM

Don't forget to get your vitamin A too.

Date: October 31, 2007 02:10PM

i took an extra nap this morning and felt much better. the trouble is i can only sleep 5-6 hours before I wake up, and can't get back to sleep. and it's hard for me to get back to sleep or take a nap! i can get by on light sleep. i don't feel tired just stressed and unmotivated...strange!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables