Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

bananas??
Posted by: ddreams76 ()
Date: October 22, 2007 01:41AM

Im curious as to why I keep hearing/reading that bananas are considered fattening and shouldnt be eaten often if trying to lose weight? From my own research, they seem to be rather low in calories with very very little fat. high sugar yes, but isnt that true for most fruits anyway? I dont see anywhere the nutritional value info that Ive found on bananas showing them as high in fat. am I missing something?

thanks

d

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: bananas??
Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: October 22, 2007 02:20AM

I think that bananas aren't fattening as long as they're eaten in moderation, and the diet is low-fat in itself. I think a lot of people believe in excess when they eat raw, because they're told they can eat anything they want, but bananas aren't the type of food that this "rule" applies to.

My theory is that they are not high calorie or fat-filled, but they are very starchy and have very little water content compared to other fruits. I think if you eat less than a bunch of bananas a day, you're fine. Some people go crazy with it, though...I couldn't imagine eating more than 4 or 5 bananas a day, much less 20...

Re: bananas??
Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: October 22, 2007 02:22AM

They're not starchy unless they're ripe. They're VERY starchy when unripe.

You're right, bananas are a very low fat food. I've eaten a truckload of them this year and lost weight. smiling smiley HTH

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables