Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

know any remedies for MRSA??
Posted by: ani{: ()
Date: October 23, 2007 02:06AM

Hi, my name is ann, i'm a nurse. I have a patient in his/her 20's with active MRSA that is currently active in a wound that had started as a pimple and is now about 5 inches in diameter with a tunneling hole in the middle. he/she asked me if I knew any good foods to eat that would help.. I don't know of any. Do you????
[MRSA = methacylin resistant Staph. aureus]

Thanks for any help,
peace and love, ann

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: know any remedies for MRSA??
Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: October 23, 2007 02:27AM

I've heard that colloidal silver has been helpful to some people. However I've not personally met them. Strictly speaking food-wise, some swear by wheatgrass juice.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: October 23, 2007 02:54AM

I am so terrified of MRSA...I would like to know, too.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 23, 2007 03:08AM

Ann,

I am a health professional and I do have certification in this area, but that being said, I am not prescribing or treating, I am simply sharing information on a subject of interest. Agreed?

There are several things to consider in the holistic approach:

One could start or increase the dosing of probiotics a.k.a. gut flora, acidophilus; this will help the body to build its own immunity. It is safe to take in high dosages (25 billion strains per capsule, 10 - 14 capsules daily or more) as the body relates to it as part of itself, a no threshold status in other words. It is best to take 20 minutes after a meal, as the stomach acids are at the lowest levels and the flora can better adhere to the intestines and recolonize. Renew Life has one called "Critical Care".

Beta Glucan which is derived from medicinal mushrooms increase the production of T-lymphocytes. Jarrow Formulas offers a good one.

Neem is a plant that covers just about every "anti" there is and can be taken both internally and topically. Look for a super critical extraction. Organix South has great Neem products.

Colloidal Silver has a long history of infection use, including in hospitals. It was once placed in newborns eyes instead of the ointments that are now used. It is extremely effective against both gram positive and negative bacteria. It is very safe too. Look for 10 part per million. It can be both ingested and used for topical wound treatment.

Echineaca and Goldenseal have long been used by herbalist as natural antibiotics. Tinctures are the strongest extractions and absorb quickly. Herb Pharm is the brand most herbalist use. There are limits to length of use, so google it or refer to a good resource book like "Prescriptions for Natural Healing" by Balch.

Diet wise, lots of raw garlic (Russian penicillin), chlorophyll, and purified water.

I would suggest consulting a N.D. for actual prescribing or you could research through the internet some of these topics.

Healthy Blessings!

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 23, 2007 03:22AM

I wouldn't call colloidal silver safe. It has been know to turn people's skin grey, and as far as I know, this is a permanent change!

Taking all these symptoms suppressant will not improve health, though it may make the symptom disappear for a time. The only real healing comes from permanent lifestyle changes. Suppressing a symptom will without improving lifestyle will result in a nastier chronic disease showing up in the future.

A supervised water fast ought to allow the body to heal from the infection. If this is not possible, then getting as much rest and sleep as possible, removing stimulants from the diet, and cleaning up the diet, especially in the consumption of fat and processed foods.

On a low fat raw vegan diet this chronic issue ought to disappear, with the inclusion of the standard healthful living habits: plenty of rest and sleep, exercise, fresh air, sunshine, mental/emotional/spiritual poise, etc.

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: October 23, 2007 06:27AM

Bryan is right about the grey skin - I would be wary about using this stuff.

Here's a link I found: colloidal silver. I thought it was pretty shocking. And despite the high price she paid, it didn't keep her healthy - she got breast cancer at 42.

Sapphire

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 23, 2007 06:55AM

There is always contradiction on holistic treatments. There is a lot of negative media designed to deface alternative treatments that truly are effective with little to no side effect vs. pharma. Yet, everyone is entitled to an opinion. I personally have never turned gray, nor has a patient or customer that used the right type of silver "properly" turned gray.

Here is some information from a link on scientific studies on silver:

Safe usage

“Colloidal silver” (a.k.a.) Ionic silver is not without merit. Ionic silver is a strong anti microbial and serves well in situations where chloride is not present. When chloride is present (inside the human body), the silver particle content will survive to produce benefit.

Ionic silver products, when taken according to the manufacturers recommended dosage, will not cause argyria, a condition that causes the skin to turn blue-gray.

Blessings to all.

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: October 23, 2007 01:04PM

It's a pretty safe bet that the person referred to in the original post is not currently living a lifestyle consistent with the general principles shared by members of this forum. When all is said and done, despite the differences in underlying philosophies behind how to carry it out, the bottom line of the general spirit here in the forum is to strive to live according to natural laws and principles, with the primary emphasis in this forum being on diet.

Had this person been applying those natural principles for a just a relatively short time, even if not 100%, they would more than likely not have an internal environment that was favorable to MRSA. Hospital/medical workers in some settings are exposed to patients with MRSA almost on a daily basis along with other sick and infected people. Yet they do not become sick themselves. If anything, the repeated exposure should make them most vulnerable. Again, their internal chemistry and defense system protects them.

If this person is open to suggestions, then options that have been successfully used by others can and should be presented, even if our personal preference leans primarily, if not exclusively to one point of view--unless of course, that's the only point of view the person is receptive to. This way they can choose the way they want to go after exploring the pros and cons of such options.

Regarding undesirable effects, anything used indiscriminately and with poor judgment can create problems of their own. For example, sun exposure has tremendous benefits, but can also be a source of painful sunburns. Some fruits can be delicious, but can make one sick and nauseous if eaten in excess. The same applies to other healing modalities. Many people have used modalities auch as acunpuncture, chiropractic, TCM,fasting, etc. Nevertheless, even these systems can create their own problems if not used within established parameter guidelines. But such problems should not be the only factor to not use a particular system.

Wishing you vibrant health

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables