Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

experiences..
Posted by: ddreams76 ()
Date: October 23, 2007 09:58PM

hello everyone. so I am wondering, I have been raw for almost 2 weeks now (i know its not that long), and I dont feel all that superb. I mean, I feel ok, but not full of energy, certainly not lighter. my eyes feel heavy and sore..dry almost. and they arent getting whiter. and lastly, i am not feeling like any weight is close to coming off. in fact I am a bit heavier and feel heavier. I didnt eat poorly prior to going raw, so maybe thats why. i dunno.

now, I am not complaining cause i know this is just the start for me and everyones different. but I am curious to know other peoples experiences. with weight gain/loss. feeling more energy/or lack of...overall feeling good, etc.

typically I tend to eat more fruit then anything. A lot of fruit. could this be part of the problem?

thanks in advance everyone..

d

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: experiences..
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 23, 2007 11:17PM

My experience is that it took many months...perhaps even a year....before I started finding the simpler diet that worked for me. Did you eat poorly before incorporating raw? How long? I certainly did not expect to change 25 years of poor eating in 25 days! ha! ha! Give yourself a generous time frame to make these changes - and be kind to yourself. No one will every love yourself as intimately as you can.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: October 23, 2007 11:43PM

thanks david. i actually ate poorly as a child, not so great in high school and college, and then very well as a grown adult. more so in the past 4 or 5 years I have eaten very healthy. lots of salads. really only ate cooked chicken for meat.

I understand that I need to give it some time, but im nervous cause im gaining weight and feeling kinda blah. i will try and incorporate a bit more greens maybe...

d

Date: October 24, 2007 12:52AM

In my experience, it is very difficult to maintain a high weight on a high-vegetable diet....with no processed items....and only very measured (but satisfying) amounts of fat per meal.....especially when combining this with light exercise (like strong walking)......and some extra muscle. Until the system is clear of debris/chemicals.....it will not start to break down poorly constructed and un-needed tissues....and begin to rebuild with better stuff. For those with NO internal deposits......it might start in just a few days to a week. For those with mild deposits...it might take a few weeks or months. For those with a history of poor eating it might take several years to complete this rebuild process.

-Just my observations/opinions.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: October 24, 2007 12:56AM

thanks david! so you say high vegetable diet. does that mean a low fruit diet then for weight loss?

Date: October 24, 2007 01:24AM

Yes. Simple vegetable/minimal fat meals...with little combining or processed items....and utilizing all your skills/devotion during the day.....at work and exercise........and eating many small meals throughout the day......will promote weight loss. While Large...mixed.....high-calorie meals....eaten only 1-2 times per day...especially late at night....will promote weight retention. That's what I think! winking smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 24, 2007 04:29AM

You mentioned not having enough energy, so I'd like to share this article by Karen Knowler that might help.

[karenknowler.typepad.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables