Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Mesquite?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 24, 2007 10:54PM

Hi. I'm new to the forums, just briefly I'm a mom of 3 lil ones and wife to my sweetheart. I have eaten whole foods and no junk for quite some time and recently began eating raw (and my family too) and feel the difference. 3 things brought me to raw, my baby (when he started eating solids he refused to eat my organic pureed meals and would only nurse or eat raw fruit and fats), my health (have thyroid issues, took it as a sign that I'm doing something not quite right and started looking into it) and to make sure I'm healthy for another pregnancy hopefully in the next year or so.

So, my question is about mesquite. I had a bit of raw cocoa because of all the good stuff I read about it but it didn't feel right to me when I ate it, so I feel it is toxic to me, that was how it felt. I want to make "carob/chocolate pudding" and add maca to it, as a way to get avocado and maca into me and the kids everyday. Carob, well we don't like it so much. I recently saw mesquite being sold as a chocolate and carob alternative and it doesn't have caffeine or anything in it. Does anyone know whether it is good for the body, meaning nourishing with no toxins in it. I would hate to find out later on that iot was bad after giving it to my lil ones everyday.

Thanks,
Joy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mesquite?
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: October 25, 2007 03:05AM

I think it may be good for us, but you may find the taste extremely off-putting. I personally don't believe in eating any raw food that doesn't taste good to me. On the other hand, maybe to some people it tastes great, maybe there's something in mesquite that's very beneficial to some people. I know most people are averse to bitter foods but I used to love them. So who knows, I can only speak for myself when I say that I think mesquite is gross. But I'm a big experimenter so I'll try anything. Maybe I'll like it, maybe I won't.

Re: Mesquite?
Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 25, 2007 04:25AM

I noticed the thyroid issues. One of our posters is using iodine per the www.curezone.com website and she has gotten off her thyroid medicine. I thought I would mention it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables