Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

migraines
Posted by: Lejla ()
Date: October 25, 2007 01:51AM

Hello,
I have a question: could it be some kind of detox that I getting back my migraines?

When I was small child I had these killer strong headaches at least once a week ( if I was lucky). Later they did not come that often (about once or twice a month ). When I started to eat no junk and raw the intensity of pain was so much better.
Then later I felt like eating 100% raw. Soon I Increased the quantity of fruits along with green smoothies, salad, less nut. Now I have these migraines more often. The last two weeks two or three of them.

Is it too early to increase fruit consumption? Maybe my body is still too toxic to handle them? I hope not, because I love them.
Thanks for any help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: migraines
Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: October 25, 2007 02:43AM

Hello, I have the same problem. My current theory on them though is that it is related to an inability to acknowledge feelings such as anger and fear, and simply stuff them away while I smile! This is true for me at least. I have sought so many nutritional answers and have had no success...Good luck!!

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 25, 2007 04:20AM

I believe our body retraces old patterns that have only been suppressed, never healed. So now your body is healing what was behind those migraines when you were little. Have you considered a juice fast to maybe complete the healing? I hope you have completed this healing and experience no more migraines. Not fun...

Date: October 25, 2007 06:07AM

ksmanthey, I can be fearful and really angry and I don`t try to hide haha. But you are probably right, being a trained actor I learned to time my emotions and sometimes I choose the wrong way and store my negative feeling and release them later. Well... Control freakish bad habit. I hope you going to find the answer and your headache will go away soon for good. I still believe in nutritional approach.

Karennd I hope that what you wrote is the cause of the headache, maybe it is an old pattern healing.

Yes, actually I started a 2-3 days fast yesterday when I had the migraine, I can not eat anyways when I have it, so I thought why not turning it to some cleansing. It`s hard because my home is full of fresh autumn fruits, but I`ll do itsmiling smiley
As long as it`s not the fruits are the problem I`m happppppy.

Thank you for the help.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 25, 2007 02:25PM

a couple suggestions.
you could try keeping a food log and notice when you get the headaches. pay attention to the nuts. if it is an intolerance and and not an official 'allergy' it will be hard to tell if it is a certain food unless you have eliminated it for a couple weeks and then re-introduce it. also, when you have cut down on something that unknowingly has been a trigger for a migraine.... since your body has been used to consuming it on a semi-regular basis, it will be waiting for that offending food and when it comes the reaction will be more dramatic. (at least for the first 6 months or so which is what an allergist explained to me one time). this is why i am wondering for you if nuts could be the culprit since you said you are cutting back on them lately.

another suggestion is more practical. it might not work for you but when i get migraines i take about 1/4 - 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (i use 35,000 heat units from the herb shop, not the grocery store kind which is milder.... altho using the grocery store kind maybe you would just need more...?) anyway, i put it in very warm hot water and keep adding more water until i can get it all down. within 15 minutes i am usually seeing a huge improvement. have used cold water when i was out and all i had was a water bottle.... after an hour nothing. when i got home i did it again with the warm water and it went away.

also.... hormones can trigger migraines. `maybe on your diet, if that is the problem, it will self correct in time. i tend to get them several times a week during the beginning and end of every pregnancy.

good luck
darcy

Date: October 25, 2007 05:06PM

Thanks Darcy for the great suggestions. I never tried the cayenne yet.
I`m going to try to keep a food diary. Hormonal imbalance could be also my thing, since usually the monthly periods were accompanied with migraine.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables