Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Need real help!
Posted by: bracken ()
Date: October 25, 2007 03:52PM

I'll start at begining,been suffering I.B.S for so long, skin breakouts,bad P.M.T, depression, just recently cystitis which has cleared now. So I had bloods done for sensitivities and yeast came back high & lentals, doc took bloods & ruled out celiac, so the only thing I am left with because of yeast is candida! I have been eating alot of fruit/juices dried fruit prune juice etc for a long time, & I have ate Wallaby bars that have the rice syurp in. Has anyone any ideas of thing I could have to replace these things? I have replaced my evening fruit smoothie with veggie juice, I need to replace the bars. I do need alot of fibre in my diet the bars contain 3-5 grames in each. I cant afford to cut calories either as under weight, also need good supply of calcuim & magnesium got osteoporosis.
If anyone eats the raw lara bars too, do you think I need to avoid these aswell?
And I already replaced rice cakes etc with raw carrot & nut butter.
Any help would be great as to how to balance things with me again

Thankyou Ju

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need real help!
Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: October 25, 2007 04:24PM

Hmmm, seems like you are all over the place to me. One thought I would consider strongly is contacting Dr. Graham and setting up a consultation and just dealing with it correctly and be done with it. You can consult via e-mail too and at least contact him with your troubles.

Getting erratic help from others(which can be very valuable at times) but most don't have your health history in adequate detail, off the net is a hit or miss thing. Been there myself, unless mentally you can afford to take on more hit or misses. :O(

Date: October 25, 2007 04:44PM

Cheers tanawana I see what you mean, will check out Dr. Graham

Posted by: Novelista ()
Date: October 25, 2007 04:51PM

Check out this interview with Doug Graham where he talks about candida being related to fat intake:

[www.rawsummit.com]

Posted by: Lejla ()
Date: October 25, 2007 05:28PM

Hi Tanawana,
I visited www.gardendiet.com and I bought the E-books of this raw family. I read about Jinjee the wife who had bad candida problem. When she went on 100% raw the candida problem got stronger for about six weeks, because she ate lots of fruits but after that period of time candida was gone. She fall back on cooked food four times during her raw journey, and every time the candida problem came back. Every time she gave up cooked food and went back to eat raw...candida was gone. However, longer she stayed on cooked food longer it took for the body to clear away candida.
My Mum has candida issues and she is 100% raw only for one week but she feel really good and her usually big bloated stomach is gone. Of course it is not long enough time to count it as an experience like Jinjee`s, but we hope it works this way because we are fruit batssmiling smiley
Good luck to say good by to candida

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: October 25, 2007 06:49PM

lara bars make me sickish and I don't think they're actually raw.

Please try to eat very simple foods, just the way they come from the garden, even for a few hours or few days and see how it goes.

Very sick people have to go straight to the best sources of nutrition, and anything processed is much harder to digest than simple garden food. And they're dense foods, which sickly bodies can't easily handle.

Even though you're still functional, you're very sick! (like me)

Cheering for you, bracken!

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 25, 2007 07:01PM

Bracken, you are worried about getting enough calories. How about avocados? And/Or young coconuts?

Date: October 26, 2007 03:47PM

Cheers all for you help, will give suggestions a go.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 26, 2007 09:41PM

Hi Bracken,

Various people have shared different suggestion with you on this forum concerning other health issues. Could you share with us what you have tried so far, and what did or didn't work for you with your various health ailments?

In some sense, with your condition, perhaps you ought to quit looking for external gurus and look to your internal guru. The truth is already inside of you, you are just unwilling to listen to it or you don't have trust in your own internal infinite wisdom.

In a previous post you shared your diet with me. The improvements to your diet are simple: remove the non-raw stuff, and replace it as much as possible with raw stuff. If going 100% raw is too difficult at this time, then make all your cooked foods be made at home from whole foods only, don't used any processed ingredients in your cooked food diet. Also, don't eat any foods that have been cooked at temperature higher than 212 Fahrenheit or 100 Celsius. For the raw foods, try to keep your fat intake (as a percentage of calories) under 20% fat.

Your current diet really isn't all that bad, and my guess is that working on your emotions and removing stress and worry and anxiety from your life will do more for your health, plus getting more rest and sleep.

Ju, you seem to be a sweet and gentle spirit. If you are not getting the kind of support you need here, please feel free to send me a private message and perhaps we can arrange to speak over the telephone.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables