Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New 80/10/10 raw blog
Posted by: Novelista ()
Date: October 25, 2007 04:38PM

I recently started a blog about my 80/10/10 raw experiment. I am trying to heal from endocrine problems, most notably autoimmune hypothyroid. I'm relatively new to this form of raw, so please be nice!

[www.blueskieswithin.blogspot.com]

Thanks,
Stacy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New 80/10/10 raw blog
Posted by: Lejla ()
Date: October 25, 2007 05:42PM

Hi,
I wish you a successful journey. I think you chose the best approach for this immune problem. I`d like to follow your blog time to time because my sister-in-law has the same problem with her thyroid and she found an open minded doctor who put her on raw diet, which is great news.
I`m looking looking forward to see your blog.
Peace
Lejla

Date: October 25, 2007 07:50PM

an article from living-foods.com

[www.living-foods.com]

review from rawfoodsupport.com

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Posted by: Novelista ()
Date: October 25, 2007 08:32PM

Thanks for the links, deegarry, and best of luck to your sister, Lejla.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 28, 2007 11:40PM

Hey Novelista,

I was reading your blog today, and it sounds like the healthier you made your diet, the more the thyroid symptoms started to kick in. What I've noticed in my healing is that it often gets worse before it gets better. And the thing I do is let it get worse, not try to fix anything, but listen to what my body is telling me.

When I first changed my raw diet from a high fat raw diet to a low fat raw diet, my body plunged into massive chronic fatigue. Perhaps I was having thyroid problems, I don't know. The symptoms were I was tired all the time, and sleeping all weekend did nothing to help me recover. I was tired after eating, and would require a nap. I was tired on my way to work, and tired on my way home, with the strong desire just to go to sleep while in my car on the highway. So instead of trying to fight the fatigue, I surrendered. What I did what take a leave of absence from work, and remove all my obligations. I then slept all the time.

At first I was sleeping 16 to 18 hours each night. In the afternoons, if I was tired, I would sleep. This went on for a month. In the 2nd month, my sleeping dropped down to 14 hours each night plus naps, and by the 3rd month, I was sleeping 12 hours each night. This whole time, I was not working, and any time I was tired or fatigued, I just allowed myself to go to sleep. At the end of the 4th month of not working, I was down to sleeping 10 hours a night.

Perhaps part of your thyroid illness comes from years of not getting enough rest so that your body could adequately detox the foods you ate during the day. For me, the problem was exacerbated because I took strong stimulants (espresso & cappuccino and colas and chocolate) to equalize the fatigue I was always feeling.

You may feel that you can't afford to take the time off to allow yourself this kind of rest. For me, I was beginning to understand that if I don't do it now, in the future my chronic fatigue might manifest as a tumor or some equally nasty symptoms, where my body is giving me a message to slow down or die.

I was happy and grateful to slow down. After overworking my entire adult life, taking this break from responsibility was a welcome changed. I had also gotten to a place where I could love myself enough to give my healing priority over my responsibilities. For many people, they are not yet in the place where the self healing comes before what they believe they need to do. So these folks just get worse and worse until they get cancer or something, and then they get to rest. Maybe even in peace.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables