Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Kombucha
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 01, 2007 02:18AM

Does anyone know a reliable website that I can buy one of these cultures? I have seen different websites, including ebay but I am a little leary about ordering from these places because it is something that one consumes. Thanks for any advice: )

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kombucha
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 01, 2007 04:02AM

Hi Skibies,

I actually have several very healthy Kombucha cultures in my fridge, ready to go.
Since I bought my first (starter) culture a few years ago, I have maintained a steady rhythm of Kombucha rotation, but this leaves me with some that I just keep on hand, just in case.

I understand your being leery of buying this culture from somebody, but if you are interested, let me know. (I also have kept the instructions for making and using Kombucha). If you would like more information, let me know...

S,

By the way, I LOVE Kombucha, and it is much better to make it yourself rather than pay ten times as much in stores.

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: November 01, 2007 04:47PM

you can get the culture from a store bought bottle of kombucha--GT's usually has a nice visible one: don't shake the bottle. Just drink it (yum!) and get the little guy out of there at the end.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Posted by: annex ()
Date: November 02, 2007 04:45AM

will a culture actually grow from store bought kombucha? has anyone tried this?

Posted by: inspirit ()
Date: November 02, 2007 11:58AM

Yes!

inspirit - aka coolkarma

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: November 02, 2007 01:29PM

yes. You make it as you would with the big flat white culture. The little one will grow to cover the tea. Then once you have that one, you can use IT to make more. The old one will fall down and a new one will grow.

have fun!

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Posted by: Tzefira ()
Date: November 03, 2007 07:17PM

Funny, i just wrote a topic of Kombucha, yet completely different, smiling smiley

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: November 04, 2007 02:40AM

Any more info on how to use the GT/Synergy one?

Because I had one bottle sitting in my fridge with the cover off for over a month. I meant to drink it the day I put it there but just forgot about it. The thing at the bottom got huge. LOL

Other bottles of this stuff I've bought and the mother is barely there... might be a few strands of fuz at the bottom and that's it.

I don't get it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables