Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Washing dishes and other stuff
Posted by: Brendan B ()
Date: November 01, 2007 07:34PM

Had a few questions.
1: Is it alright to wash my dishes and utensils in tap water? If not, how do you guys do yours? Also, is there a special kind of soap i should be using to do this?
2: I remember a while back I read somewhere in the forum about a showerhead you guys recommended that was also a filter. Do you happen to still have that link? Do they sell these at wal-mart?
3: For a tap water purifier what would you guys reccomend?
4: Is it ok to use bleach to clean? If not, what should I be using?
5: Is it ok to use paper towels?
6: Is there any other precautions I should be taking around my apartment?

Thanks for your help,
Brendan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2007 07:35PM by Brendan B.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washing dishes and other stuff
Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: November 01, 2007 08:42PM

I can only answer some, and my person experience.. but heres my two cents!

Rinse dishes in water yes.. if you use them.. I rarely use 1 plate a day and all it has is juice on it, no greasy dishes..so no need for the detergents!!

You may be using oils etc if transitioning, so maybe these need something extra? unsure.. but as far as knife, glass chopping board and glass bowl- I rinse them and drain. Repeat when needed!!

Sometimes I use half a lemon inside cups

Bleach-- putting a toxic substance in your enviroment. What do you need it for? There are alternatives, natural ones on the market. Upto you if you use them. I choose not to.

Paper towels, again, non essential- why not use cotton tea towels and boil wash once a week?

I try and avoid chemicals as far as possible, so use acv and lemon as much as possible. Tea tree oil etc etc.. if I really must then I have a couple ecover products. But I find being mostly frutarian..theres not much I need to wash/clean that involves more than water thesedays!!

Hope someone else has some more answers for you, good luck!!

Re: Washing dishes and other stuff
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: November 02, 2007 02:27AM

www.care2.com has lots of cheap and non-toxic cleaning ideas.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables