Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

need help with diet
Posted by: veghead4life ()
Date: November 02, 2007 10:47PM

Hi, I try to eat mostly raw but do eat some cooked. My question is regarding my low blood sugar which usually makes me reach for a piece of cheese (organic raw cheddar) so would like ideas for alternatives. Due to my age and not very good teeth (mostly crowned) I am leary of nuts and seeds but would like to eat more but chewing them is a problem, don't want to break teeth. Is eating an avocado daily ok? Thanks for any ideas
veghead

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: need help with diet
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: November 03, 2007 03:44PM

You will have a better chance of healing from your low blood sugar is your cut out all the fats in your diet and get more calories from sweet fruit. But if sweet fruit gives you a reaction and since you are still eating cooked foods, you might look at getting calories from steamed green vegetables and steamed starchy vegetables (winter squashes, sweet potatoes, yams, carrots, etc), but cutting out all the overt fats (oils, nut butters, nuts, seeds, avos, etc). When you are symptom free, free from the low blood sugar, you can start to incorporate some overt fats, preferably avocados or other whole raw fresh fatty foods. Also after you are symptom free, you can look at increasing your sweet fruit intake and then reducing your dependence on cooked starches for calories.

Eating a whole avocado everyday is a lot of fat, especially given that you have blood sugar issues. If you cut out all the fats, heal the low blood sugar, and are symptom free, you can then incorporate a whole avocado into your diet, but perhaps not every day, but every 2nd (or eat 1/2 a day). If symptoms come back, the cut back on the avocados to every 3rd day or every 4th day or perhaps cut them out altogether until your symptoms disappear.

Re: need help with diet
Posted by: allone01 ()
Date: November 03, 2007 06:39PM

hey bryan i noticed you really think about answers before you give them and i noticed you talk a lot about cutting back on fats. i just wanted to know a little more from you about fats and why a lot of issues rise from them. assuming they are from raw sources what makes them harmful?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables