Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

questions
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 03, 2007 12:30AM

I have been reading up on eating raw lately and I am very interested in it, but I have quite a few questions and some hangups I guess you could say.

Firstly, why is whole grain bread considered bad for you? I know I am definitely addicted to wheat, and also milk. I can't see myself cutting either of those from my diet anytime in the near future.

Another thing you could say I'm addicted to is warm food, especially in the winter I can't stand eating cold food. If you eat raw I know you can heat some things a bit, but how much of your meals realistically have to be cold?

The last thing is I live with my husband and 14 month old son, both of which are picky eaters. My husband is definitely addicted to processed junk food, and basically refuses to eat almost anything healthy. How could I introduce this kind of diet to him and get him to realize how much healthier he will feel without alienating him (when he doesnt like what I make at home he always goes out and gets fast food, yuck).

Thanks so much for listening smiling smiley

- Cally

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: questions
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 03, 2007 02:04AM

hi cally

i'd pretty much forget about your husband for now and focus on yourself
if he likes the results you are getting, then he will follow suit otherwise he probably won't

u ask why whole grain bread or milk is considered "bad"?

well, like shakespeare says "nothing is good or bad except that thinking it makes it so"

that's just saying that you are an adult and you can make choices.. that's all

bread is like glue that just clogs up a drain and milk is for baby cows not humans

i know that is a rather simplistic and probably not very "scientific" thing to say but that's just the way i see it without talking about the thousand and one items in both food matters that can compromise the integrity of the cells

that is what it all boils down to

if the cells are either hindered or helped by the substance ... that's all

and it all boils down to geometry...

your cells don't like the geometry of those food items .. they don't "fit' so the cells reject them

not good or bad... just is

as far as "cold" goes... maybe you could try for room temperature

put fruits out in the sun to ripen

some people warm their raw soups and still keep the enzymes intact

ask someone here what the temp is... i forget... since i usually don't warm them up

there are a lot of recipes here... try a few.. have fun.. enjoy

don't try to impress, cajole or convert others

just do for yourself

little kids ( 14 months) naturally love fruit

blended fruit, cut up fruit, all sorts of fruit

they are already born wanting and needing these items

feed your kid what he was meant to eat

as for your husband, let him eat what he wants and he will come around when he feels like it

if he sees it is working for you, it'll be more likely that he will get interested..

i gave up trying to change a man ( i'll never try to do that again) LOL

IMPOSSIBLE!!

Date: November 03, 2007 02:42AM

lol, so true about changing men. thanks so much for your answer, it helped alot.
i dont have alot of hope for feeding my son much raw food, hes still nursing and at this point i have a very hard time getting him to ingest anything, but especially raw or cold foods. although he may go for smoothies.

Date: November 03, 2007 02:47AM

oh yea, one more question. what about frozen fruit? i buy and use tons of it already, but is it heated before freezing, or does freezing kill enzymes and whatnot?

Date: November 15, 2007 04:43AM

The more fresh fruits and veggies you can get, the better, but I think frozen is probably better than canned. Careful you choose frozen fruit that is ONLY fruit.
If you make raw and fresh food in proper combinations the bulk of your diet, you will feel energized and vibrant. There are many interesting ways to prepare raw foods - especially if you have a strong blender or a food processor and a good dehydrator! Focus on your own needs and get strong - this will bring your husband around. Introduce your child to raw before his tastes are adversely influenced.
I personally think Natalia Rose's approach is sensible and practical for people easing onto a better nutritional path.

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: November 15, 2007 10:58AM

great advice ladies! i totally agree.

i just wanted to add that i had an issue with wanting hot food as well when i was transitioning. what helped me was making different types of veggie soup and having 1-2 bowels a day before or after my raw meals. that way i got that warm cozy feeling i associated with that hot food. but i was still eatting veggies. eventually, i no longer needed it. but it was nice to have it on hand. kept me from binging on worse things. plus it suppressed my appetite to eat a bowel of hot soup.

dont set yourself up for failure by trying to go 100% raw all at once. it takes mental and physical conditioning, especially after years of eatting addictive processed food.

good luck!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 15, 2007 11:56AM

Great advice Lav and everyone. You are certainly correct. All a person can do is set up to be a successful, joyful, carefree and a good example/model. I would continue to feed my husband and children what they wish - while making VERY healthy alternatives available to them.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables