Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Besides eating...
Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: November 03, 2007 04:26PM

What do you try to remember? What advice (besides strictly dietary advice like "Eat this" and "Eat that"winking smiley rings true for you -- whether it's advice you have given or received?

I went through some very difficult personal stuff this summer and early autumn and feel like I'm coming out the other side of it a bit... inch by inch. I'm sticking more to eating raw/vegan than ever before (90-100%) and these are some things I heard and read that have helped me stay true to me:

Set and accomplish goals.

Have a plan, and work it.

Workout; get your blood pumping and endorphins flowing.

Spend time outside.

Forgive yourself for your past mistakes.

Pay attention to how you talk to and treat people.

Figure out what you dig, and live that life. Don't try to be someone you're not, and then hate yourself that it doesn't work.

Treat yourself how you would want to treat someone you love.

There are two kinds of people: those who take responsibility and those who blame others.

Learn something new.

Take a trip to somewhere you have never been.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2007 04:37PM by Lee_123.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Besides eating...
Posted by: allone01 ()
Date: November 03, 2007 06:34PM

i try to remember that my lifestyle is foreign to MANY. I have to slow down and really explain things simply and light heartedly. i used to be quick to convert. my attempts and unsuccessful debates later i learned to use peoples curiosity to my benefit.

i also try to remmeber how people could have lived before electricity/technology/etc.

besides mindful eating that helps nourish me, i try to be more mindful of everything i do. i think about what im reading instead of just reading it. i think about my reactions instead of reacting.

i also remember that worry is a waste of time and energy. it sounds so simple, but it doesnt really grab hold of you til you just "let go"

i try to be truthful in everything aswell. i think to myself "is it true? is it kind? is it purposful?" i make generally healthier decisions this way.

cheers!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: November 03, 2007 07:19PM

Thanks lee and allone for these wonderful words.

Very inspiring! I'm going through some changes myself, and your advice sounds so right!

I'd like to try to grow a little.

I decided to make a copy of this thread. Thank you!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2007 07:28PM by suncloud.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: November 04, 2007 12:29AM

The greatest lesson that I've ever learned is that all value in life starts from me and flows outward, not the other way round. That the struggle and reward in life is a choice and not an object or achievement.
When I consider and understand this it allows things to change form simply by changing my perspective of them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables