Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

HELP!!! Staph Infection.
Posted by: sndnance ()
Date: November 05, 2007 04:17PM

A friend of mine has been getting staph infections for awhile. They come and go. He has one right now on his arm and it's sore and makes him weak. Can someone please tell if there is any way NATURALLY to treat this? They have him on antibiotics but I don't believe in medicine. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HELP!!! Staph Infection.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 05, 2007 04:36PM

well, staph can be dangerous. imo it's best treated with antibiotics follwed up with a round of probiotics to reestablish a balance. i think the best thing to address here is what deficiency or condition is making your friend suseptible to the infections in the first place. fixing whatever problem is causing this sickness will help prevent it from happening again.
if it were me or one of my family members i'd be heading for a naturopath and a homeopath as well as doing some nutrition tracking to figure it out.
good luck to your friend.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: November 05, 2007 04:37PM

This is what I would do if it was my family member. Take some Lugol's 5% solution of Iodine that you can buy at jcrows.com or get some provodine Iodine at the local drug store and treat the areas with that. He can add some in his bath water and soak, he can add it to some oil, shake and smear it on. He can add it straight onto his arm.

I also would have him bath in a rinse bath of a tub filled with water and add 1-2 Cups of Bragg apple cider vinegar and soak in that, get out and dry off..or let it sit on his body without drying too much.

Another thing is to get some dial bar soap, and have him soak the soap in a pan filled with very warm water and for a little while thru out the day, soak his arm in that. Refill pan each time for new soak, with the same dial bar soap.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: November 06, 2007 04:14AM

Staph has been the news a lot because more and more people are not responding to antibiotic treatment of staph. The media/medical community calls the new staph a superbug, but its more likely that its the same old staph bacteria, its just that the people who receive the antibiotics are too sick to have them work at all.

Staph lives in healthy people's skin (armpits, groin, scalp) or noses (25% of the population has this). But an unhealthy person will detox throught their skin, and this can be in the form of a boil or a wound that doesn't heal. From these wounds come dead and dying cells, which the staph bacteria eat and create their own set of toxins as result of eating the cells.

The best way to deal with a staph infection is to water fast, staying in bed with your eyes closed until the infection goes away. What probably kills most people with staph is all the medication they receive to kill the bacteria and to heal the wounds. This medication, if successful at first, only weakens the individual, and because the symptoms were suppressed, the problem can turn chronic.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: November 06, 2007 05:00AM

The water fasting will make the symptoms disappear, but its permanent lifestyle changes that will allow your friend to not get the symptoms again. Certainly the 80-10-10 diet will work, but also a low fat cooked vegan diet like the McDougall diet could also work in terms of good dietary habits. But also keep in mind getting enough rest and sleep, reducing stress, worry, anxiety, find mental and emotional poise, getting exercise, fresh air, sunshine, etc are all important to keeping healthy.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 06, 2007 10:53AM

I agree with and back up Bryan.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Arkay ()
Date: November 06, 2007 04:15PM

I agree with Bryan and David on this; Bryan's post summarizes very well most of what REAL healing is about.

In the short term, your friend might also try garlic: the juice from mashed cloves applied directly on the wound, at the same time eating it for internal and systemic application.

If you can get truly RAW honey (NOT the processed supermarket kind --that would just make things WORSE!) you might mix mashed garlic cloves into that, and spread it over the wound. If you are uncertain about the RAWness of the honey, don't try it; just use crushed garlic cloves. It may sting a little on initial application, but should help after a while. One good thing about garlic as an antibiotic agent is that the bacteria will not develop any resistance to its mechanism, unlike pharmaceutical antibiotics. He might also try painting on a sterile colloidal silver solution, although that would be a more controversial approach. Silver-painting the throat was the normal prescription for both strep and staph infections, before the advent of antibiotics, and it was often effective. Like garlic, the bacteria cannot develop any resistance to silver.

Lots of rest and plenty of water are crucial, as Bryan said. Keeping the eyes closed (esp. don't read or watch TV and avoid bright lights) will help. Keeping optimistic and unstressed and thinking happy thoughts and envisioning pleasant scenes, etc... will help. Laughter -- even if artificial instead of genuine -- will help him both to feel better and to actually fight off the infection. Bot5h prayer and visualization cannot hurt,and will probably help; the mind is inextricably linked to the immune system (in multiple and wonderful ways).

Once the acute infection has been fought off, he needs to look carefully at lifestyle issues to determine why he is getting these infections, and to make changes in his lifestyle that will prevent recurrences. He might also want to consider whether he may be harboring a small "seed" infection somewhere (teeth/jaw area is common) that is re-seeding infections elsewhere. Even those can be eliminated, though, with a consistently good, healthful lifestyle.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables