Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Chapstick
Date: November 07, 2007 05:00PM

Mylips have been very dry, now that it is cold weather. Do you use chapstick? If not, what do you do for your dry lips?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chapstick
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: November 07, 2007 05:28PM

I use Alba lipstain. (The one I like is brown.) It's like a lip balm, but adds a hint of color and smells delicious. However, I guess if you're a guy it's not too cool, as it only comes in colors.

There are several good lip balms that you can get at natural food stores. One is called "Un-petroleum." Some others are made with hemp or almond oil.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: lotusblossom9 ()
Date: November 07, 2007 07:34PM

I've found that shea butter works very well for chapped lips and dry skin.

Posted by: allone01 ()
Date: November 08, 2007 12:22AM

i use coconut oil and sometimes shea butter.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 08, 2007 02:36AM

there must be something nutritional that one can do to break the cycle of lip balm addiction though. i stopped using it and suffered a brief period of intense dryness and flaking, it was really uck. but once that ended i found i didn't need it anymore and haven't used it since. it drives me crazy to Have to have something so i wanted to get away from it and it worked. i wonder if my diet at the time played a part in that or not, i would be very interested to know what dietary measures help keep lips moisturized.

Date: November 08, 2007 03:29PM

I like coco's question, I too, am interested to know what dietary measures help keep lips moisturized and also, what foods shouldn't I eat that makes them very dry.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 08, 2007 03:35PM

up untill about year and a half ago i would alwyas have dry flaky bottom lip usuallly on one side .. increasing juicy fruit and veggies seems to have stopped that its been over a year since needing any lip balm

i think its just im more hydrated all the time... smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 08, 2007 04:14PM

You can always mash up a coconut and make your own coconut oil as noted above - yes?

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: November 08, 2007 04:59PM

I will definitely use Coconut oil, I like that idea. You're probably right Jodi, I do need to drink more fluids (fruits & veggies). Thanks.

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: November 08, 2007 05:27PM

when i eat only fruit lips never get chapped!

Posted by: uma ()
Date: November 10, 2007 05:24AM

I used to be addicted to chapstick, carmex, etc. I couldn't go anywhere without it in my pocket. Then I kicked it cold turkey (er, cold bananas?) and as said above, my lips went through a period of being really dry, but then they healed and started producing their own moisture. What a liberation! I went back and forth a few times, and it worked the same way each time. It seemed to be just an addiction that kept my own lips from moisturizing themselves!
Love,
Uma

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 10, 2007 11:22PM

that's just how i feel. i like not putting anything on them, when something is going on with my body my skin lets me know it with dry lips, it's a good indicator.

they say the average woman will eat around 4 pounds of lipstick over a lifetime. how scary is that? i don't think lipbalm is much better either. yuck.

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 10, 2007 11:46PM

lips get addicted to chapsticks. i use coco oil on my lips in the morning when i wash my face (with coco oil) and at night before i go to bed. it's hard to avoid, and it feels good. convenience. i'm a lazy person. =)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables